E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2004 E500 SBC HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2024, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
Angry 2004 E500 SBC HELP!

Hello all Im new here but I have some weird stuff going on with my 2004 E500. SO the other day I got the dreaded SBC malfunction warning. I had known that those were under a long extended warranty so I
took the car in to the dealership. The problem is when I went to pick up the car one of the techs came up to me while I was waiting and said that they can't get the car out of park.
He asked if I knew what to do. So i went to the back and saw that my whole gear shift console/assembly was opened up. Apparently one of the young guys that drives the car up opened it to see what was wrong
I know about the little button that you can press to get the car out of drive (I knew that but they didn't?) but lets digress.
That ended up being just the first problem. Upon starting the car I now had the ESP AND ABS warning lights going on.

I asked to speak to the manager, a guy came out and said that was "normal" after switching out the SBC, which they did.
I said ok let me drive it a while and see if the errors/warnings clear but 2 weeks later car still wont go out of park unless the button is pushed and both the ABS and ESP lights are still on.

SO basically I feel like , I took my car in with one problem, I now have 3 since they worked on it. Does anyone have ANY kind of advise of what could be going on?
Is there any reason at all where this is normal after replacing the SBC?

Oh, forgot to mention, after researching a little bit I switched out the brake light switch (it was cheap enough) but it didn't work.

And ALSO btw, my seat won't go as low as it used to since picking the car up. This may or may not be related though but it's still weird.

HELPPP!!