E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Car Wash!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes-Benz E500
Car Wash!

Anyone know a good car wash place that does 100% hand wash in Irvine, CA area? I'm afraid if I take it to the car wash that puts the car on the track kind of thing... might scratch my wheels..
Old 11-15-2004, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Best idea is to suck it up and do it yourself.

I hate washing cars, but do it myself to avoid the swirls and scratches you will get from car washs. Even the hand wash people use dirty mitts and water.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:28 PM

2001 SL 500
Not necessarily

Originally Posted by etenn
Best idea is to suck it up and do it yourself.

I hate washing cars, but do it myself to avoid the swirls and scratches you will get from car washs. Even the hand wash people use dirty mitts and water.
I have a detail shop come to me. For a monthly charge, they come to my parking lot and wash, wax, shampoo, vacuum, whatever is needed. And they don't leave swirls

S
Old 11-15-2004, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
I own a self-service carwash in town. That is my solution

I just wash it myself religiously after every snow storm.

Steve

Last edited by SAguirre; 11-15-2004 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 & w124
I would just do it myself too unless you can get a personal detailer that you know will do a good job. My office building has a guy that washes our cars and does an excellent job. I know Lakeshore Towers on Von Karman has a detailer setup in their parking structure and they do a great job. Plus you can have lunch at Il Fornaio and then workout at the 24-Hour Fitness while the car gets cleaned.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:41 PM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
Originally Posted by suhochunsah
Anyone know a good car wash place that does 100% hand wash in Irvine, CA area? I'm afraid if I take it to the car wash that puts the car on the track kind of thing... might scratch my wheels..
With your black paint, having your wheels abraded by a pull-through car wash is a maybe, but having scratches applied to the paint is a for-sure. The odds that the previous vehicle through the wash was a Toyota Tundra 4WD, that just competed in the Santiago Peak Mud-a-Thon, are just too high. Like the others said, either a detailer or do-it-yourself are the ways to go.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by SAguirre
I own a self-service carwash in town. That is my solution

I just was it myself religiously after every snow storm.

Steve
I always wondered what it costs to get into the car wash buisnes. Did you have the building built for you? ...I'm an optician & feel that the retail eyeglass biz is the most expensive retail biz to get into (labor is expensive too)for the profit generated, and the number of times people purchase a new pair of glasses. Geez sometimes I wash my car twice a week! Most people buy 1 pair of glasses every 2 years, and anything that ever happens to them from any cause is allways considered our responsibility! ...Who knew?
Old 11-15-2004, 08:13 PM

2003 Mercedes-Benz E500
Originally Posted by Samoan_Ridah
I would just do it myself too unless you can get a personal detailer that you know will do a good job. My office building has a guy that washes our cars and does an excellent job. I know Lakeshore Towers on Von Karman has a detailer setup in their parking structure and they do a great job. Plus you can have lunch at Il Fornaio and then workout at the 24-Hour Fitness while the car gets cleaned.
Yeah.. i was searching thru the internet and found out about that place.. they were too busy today so I'll have to take it in some other time.. but thanks for the info =)
Old 11-15-2004, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSL500
I have a detail shop come to me. For a monthly charge, they come to my parking lot and wash, wax, shampoo, vacuum, whatever is needed. And they don't leave swirls

S
How often do they come and how much is it?
Old 11-15-2004, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
I always wondered what it costs to get into the car wash buisnes. Did you have the building built for you? ...I'm an optician & feel that the retail eyeglass biz is the most expensive retail biz to get into (labor is expensive too)for the profit generated, and the number of times people purchase a new pair of glasses. Geez sometimes I wash my car twice a week! Most people buy 1 pair of glasses every 2 years, and anything that ever happens to them from any cause is allways considered our responsibility! ...Who knew?
I bought a run-down car wash that is 30 years old and a commercial building that is next to it that I rent out to a metal recycling company. It sits on one acre of commercial zoned property in Boulder County. I really bought it to tear it down and build something else. But I really liked the carwash! It was a real steal.

It makes very good CASH money, but you have to know mechanics to keep the piece of s___ equipment running. I am under contract to sell it and there is a stipulation in the contract that I get free use of the carwash in the future as long as it remains a carwash. I found it hard to find a trustworthy person to empty the CASH everyday and clean the place up. I am tired of shoveling dirt “from Toyota 4X4s” and picking up garbage. I love the convenience of washing my car, not using any brushes and taking my sweet time to get every dirty panel. I also clean inside the wheel wells and the undercarriage.

I am only selling it because I want to travel more during my 2.5 months of vacation and I want to leave to go skiing for more than 2 days at a time. I hate having to drive all the way up to Vail and then rush back to take care of the carwash because my help could not.

So to answer your question; it is a fine business of you want to marry it. I did it because of the real estate.

If you have more questions you can send me a personal e-mail

Steve
Old 11-15-2004, 11:16 PM

06 320E CDI, Porsche 911 C2, Pontiac Montana
I bought a run-down car wash that is 30 years old and a commercial building that is next to it that I rent out to a metal recycling company. It sits on one acre of commercial zoned property in Boulder County. I really bought it to tear it down and build something else. But I really liked the carwash! It was a real steal.

It makes very good CASH money, but you have to know mechanics to keep the piece of s___ equipment running. I am under contract to sell it and there is a stipulation in the contract that I get free use of the carwash in the future as long as it remains a carwash. I found it hard to find a trustworthy person to empty the CASH everyday and clean the place up. I am tired of shoveling dirt “from Toyota 4X4s” and picking up garbage. I love the convenience of washing my car, not using any brushes and taking my sweet time to get every dirty panel. I also clean inside the wheel wells and the undercarriage.

I am only selling it because I want to travel more during my 2.5 months of vacation and I want to leave to go skiing for more than 2 days at a time. I hate having to drive all the way up to Vail and then rush back to take care of the carwash because my help could not.

So to answer your question; it is a fine business of you want to marry it. I did it because of the real estate.

If you have more questions you can send me a personal e-mail

Steve

I have a similar story.......

Several years ago I frequented a bordello near my house and evenrtually it became so near and dear to me that I bought it.

Now, you may ask how does this compare to a car wash?

Well.......

I dressed the girls in furry bunny suits and have them crawl all over my precious Benz. Of course, I am a carefull not to let them rub the same spot too much lest they cause spontaneous excitation to the paint.

:v
Old 11-15-2004, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Originally Posted by Spartan

Several years ago I frequented a bordello near my house and evenrtually it became so near and dear to me that I bought it.

Well.......

I dressed the girls in furry bunny suits and have them crawl all over my precious Benz. Of course, I am a carefull not to let them rub the same spot too much lest they cause spontaneous excitation to the paint.

L.O.L........ you crack me up bro.......L.O.L
Old 11-15-2004, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Spartan

Well.......

It is interesting how one becomes fond of some things like that. Don’t you think? I bet your girls made more CASH than my carwash! But how clean were the bills?? At least I could launder the dirty CASH and clean my car at the same time. I would like to have some girls in bikinis holding signs to promote business.

Steve
Old 11-16-2004, 12:09 AM

Whichever one is available (1 of 5)
Many years ago, my friend and I opened a topless car wash. At that time, it was all hand wash, no machines. Business was good, and the girls were making a lot of tips. Business was great for several month until some of the girls got arrested for indecent exposure. My friend sold that car wash to his uncle, who then operated it as a regualr car wash. Then a few years ago, another partner and I opened a strip joint (adult entertainment) in Atlanta (all the strip joints in Atlanta are totally nude dancing). It was fun for a while , and I was totally dedicated to my job (I worked every night). Then I got burned-out from late night partying, women, booze, and staring at silicone. So before the county changed ordinances on alcohol and adult entertainment, I sold my share back to my partner, and got out. Now I am itching to get back to the car wash business (this time with machines), since we have more sunny days in the southeast than other parts of US.

Last edited by paulhu; 11-16-2004 at 12:11 AM.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:26 AM

06 320E CDI, Porsche 911 C2, Pontiac Montana
It is interesting how one becomes fond of some things like that. Don’t you think? I bet your girls made more CASH than my carwash! But how clean were the bills?? At least I could launder the dirty CASH and clean my car at the same time. I would like to have some girls in bikinis holding signs to promote business.

Steve
Cash? CASH? How neo-capitalistic of you SIR!

I derive no cash from my befondled enterprise. As a apostle of Tantric teachings, I have come to appreciate the Nirvanian pleasure of writhing cleanliness over the evilness of dirty money. One has only to see the true wonder of bosoms to bonnets to understand the finer twitches in life.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:15 AM
Almost a Member!

I take my car to some checkered flag place off of alton they seem to be alright.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:27 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
07 GL450, 91 NSX, 12 Prius
I know it will prob take longer but doesnt your MB dealer wash cars for free?