E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Aftermarket illuminated door sills

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Force 1s
Aftermarket illuminated door sills

For those that bought illuminated door sills from formymercedes.com, is the installation hard? Do you have to route the wires like the OEM sills?

THANKS
Old 11-18-2004, 10:43 AM

Air Force 1s
Anyone have these installed?
Old 11-18-2004, 12:00 PM

E320
If possible, buy the ones from the factory. Looks better, and stays on permanently (not cheap stick-on).
Old 11-18-2004, 12:38 PM

Air Force 1s
Yeah but I don't think they are worth it. Maybe if the installation didn't cost so much, but they only light up at night and with OEM ones I think they only come with two (not sure). Are formymercedes' sills really cheap looking?
Old 11-18-2004, 07:37 PM

Whichever one is available (1 of 5)
I purchased illuminated sill for my 2004 eE500 from my mercedes.com. Originally, I was going to have the illuminated sills mount on top of the existing sills, but that would make the sill too thick, causing it to rub against thte bottom of the door. The tape that was attached to the sills are so thin that it was recessed inside the illuminated strips, therefore, they would not stick to the door sill. However, by adding additional tape to the attached tape made it thicker, therefore easy to stick to the door sill. The wire of each illuminated sill is attached to each door switch, therfore each sill will illuminate independently only when that door is opened. If any sill won't lit up, I will know which door switch or wiring is causing the problem. I did not install the sills personally, but I watched as the installer install each sill.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:55 PM

04' E500 w/Appear. PKG, Panorama Roof
I purchased a set (off the web but I can't remember the seller) Deal was to had Dealer install on delivery- They reniged claiming to be too busy... Went back- They tell me these sills came with no connectors to connect to the car.....Any one had this issue?
Old 11-19-2004, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
I have a set of aftermarket door sills (on the shelf, not installed) that work just like the OEM ones (they do not stick on top of the OEM ones, they replace them). I have never seen aftermarket ones for the W211 that do not replace the OEM sills (but that does not mean they do not exist).

All the aftermarket sills I've seen wire into the car in a manner completely different from the OEM ones. I only recommend aftermarket sills to those who can have them installed by a competent installed who knows something about wiring and electricity.

-s-