E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Star diag setting for seat belt chime?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 04:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
Originally Posted by etenn
I think the question was "how to turn off the chime?".
Not...."What is your opinion of seatbelts?"
Yes htat is the question, but apparently noone has hte answer. Again, this is only with 05's. Anyone who has an earlier MY does not go through what we do.
Old 11-21-2004, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E320
Originally Posted by SAguirre
I know what the question was, but why would the chime be chiming anyway? It should only be chiming because you are not wearing your seatbelt, right?

The best way to turn off the chime is then to "click it," "Buckle up," and/or put on your seatbelt. If you want to go into the system and take it off, then that is evading the purpose of the chime. They are supposed to be annoying, that way you will put the seatbelt on first.

The answer to the question is very simple. Isn't it?

Steve

Don't interpret my tome as being nasty. I know it might come across as *****y, but that is not how I mean it.
OK, how 'bout the fact that I have to explain to 150,000 passengers and counting...that they have to buckle up their seatbelt or my car will annoy you to the point that you'll want to jump out the window.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:24 AM
jav
Almost a Member!

I do buckle-up every time, but as well I can say that having a 1 year old boy in the back seat, sometimes I do wish for the chime to go away.

In my case, every time my wife has to reach for the baby toys or multiple other ocasions during a trip, she has to unbuckle the seatbelt to get a good reach.

At this times I wanted the chime to go away (more if the child is sleeping and suddenly wakes up because of the annoying sound).

I got following comments from friends:
1. "stop the car when this happens, and then continue once the reach has finised". If you have a child you know stoping several times on the side of a highway can be more dangerous than reachin the back of the vehicle without a seatbelt.
2. "Let your wife seat at the back with the child" this can be an option, but only in not so long trips, because she gets dizzy at the back, and of course prefers to be next to me while driving.

I as well want this noise to go away.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350S4
Originally Posted by ajm0824
OK, how 'bout the fact that I have to explain to 150,000 passengers and counting...that they have to buckle up their seatbelt or my car will annoy you to the point that you'll want to jump out the window.
Do you drive a taxi?
Old 12-27-2004, 11:00 AM

2005 E320
Originally Posted by Incendiary
Do you drive a taxi?
na... just very popular since I got this car. lol
Old 12-27-2004, 09:41 PM

2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
Well, I was able to have a dealer deactivate the chime. I showed them a menu I found on mbworld for someone who did it on a W203...and it apparently got the tech to the right place for our 05 w211's. They just asked I sign the work order confirming I requested it.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:44 PM

none
Originally Posted by ThemisN
Well, I was able to have a dealer deactivate the chime. I showed them a menu I found on mbworld for someone who did it on a W203...and it apparently got the tech to the right place for our 05 w211's. They just asked I sign the work order confirming I requested it.
Do you have a link to the thread? I am taking my car in tomorrow to have the chime fixed..
Old 12-27-2004, 10:25 PM

2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
Originally Posted by lorinserbenz
Do you have a link to the thread? I am taking my car in tomorrow to have the chime fixed..
Here is the excerpt I handed the service advisor to show the tech.. My guy turned it entirely off, but theoretically the car comes to the US with the UK/ECE setting which tends to keep going. The US setting, I think, would be like the 03 and 04's have with a single warning. I asked them to do that or turn it off entirely.. They did the latter.

Ok Guys, I went to use the DAS today and here is what I have. Tell the service guy to do the following procedure.

First hook up DAS
Then do Short Tests
Then Click on IC (instrument cluster)
Then Click Version Coding
Then Change Seat belt settings, there are 3 options.

Continous (UK SETTING)
Single Beep (USA SETTINGS)
OFF