E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

W211 Facelift retrofit power folding mirrors coding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2024, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203 C180T Kompressor. W202 C180
W211 Facelift retrofit power folding mirrors coding

Hello,I have a w211 facelift that I have installed power folding mirrors on.The mirrors and the switch in the door panel come from a parts car where it worked before dismantling. After installation in my car, folding does not work. It is possible to adjust the mirror glass as normal with the new switch, but nothing happens when I press the button to fold in.Nothing happens when I try to lock/unlock the car either. With STAR, I have coded the door control module "Fold in outside mirror when locking" to Activated.and:Body->System Diagnosis->Control unit adaptations->Read coding and change->programming of vehicle equip->folding outside mirrors->FITTED. But I found someone who wrote that it also had to be coded in the instrument cluster, but I don't have those options in the instrument cluster->Control Unit Adaptations. Seems like it's for the prefacelift? Does anyone who has mounted mirrors on their facelift know what is needed?I have access to STAR and Vediamo if it is possible to do it that way, but have very little experience with Vediamo.
Old 05-29-2024, 03:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
one way to determine if the door control modules were in fact coded is to check ,if when switched, there is voltage at the foldin foldout motor----is there voltage