Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2024, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w211
Question regarding A/C w211

Hello

I hope everyone is well.

I have questions regarding the AC in MB W211 E220 CDI E/S 2009 (UK Reg). I bought this 50k miles MB about 4 months ago.

1. Apparently, the compressor I have is 6SEU16C or 7SEU17C. The compressor pulley keeps spinning even when the AC is off. are these models VDC/clutchless? Should the pulley stop spinning at all?
2. The blown air seems to be cool whether the AC button is on or off. I tried resetting it, putting it on auto, and turning it on and off. Nothing changes.
3. I cannot detect any sounds when turning the AC on and off, pretty much the same engine sound and speed. The only thing that changes the RPM is turning the whole climate control on and off.
4. I recharged the Freon recently (about 3 weeks ago), but the AC is not cooling well. The weather is not really very hot in the UK. I believe any AC should cool better in these weather circumstances. when I first bought the car there was no Freon in it and the AC button was flashing red light and auto-switching off. It worked after recharging it and resetting the codes

I am going to take the car to the service station that charged the gas to check if it is still holding the charge but i am worried that the compressor or any other components might be faulty. I would appreciate your input.

Apologies for the prolongation and many thanks in advance.

Last edited by muhab94; 06-10-2024 at 01:20 PM. Reason: correction
Old 06-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
put a set a gauges on the system and what data results------dont worry about your AC clutched pulley its clutched and if you dont know someone with the MB DAS diagnostic system find one as that is the quickest way to locate a fault,else you may have to rely on your girlfriend, brother, inlaw to suggest a cure------and by the way did you run the AC system on your test drive bla bla
Old 06-12-2024, 04:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,376 Likes on 2,247 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
get the fault codes using MB compatible scanner.

Keep in mind that a bad cabin filter won't blow through A/C evaporator and cause it too freeze easily.
Overcharging degrades the low side pressure circulation.... more refrigerant IS NOT BETTER.

These compressors keep spinning with serpentine belt regardless of clutch cycling on/off.

BEWARE of refrigerant hazards... it can freeze burn eyes and fingers. Don't mess with it.... SCAN the air con module
The following users liked this post:
nd-photo.nl (06-12-2024)