E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E280 hard to start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2024, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 w211 e280 4matic
E280 hard to start

My turbo needed replacement and my grandpa said that since im doing a turbo change i might aswell change the swirl flap rods. After i removed everything and the intake manifolds i realized that the flaps were already removed by a previus owner and that i forgot to disconect the battery before the disasembly! so i started assembling everything back. After i disconected the battery (I also had to change the hp fuel pump)
After assembly i turned the engine, after about 15 seconds the engine started and was running flawlessly. I decided to do a testdrive. I made a trip around the neighborhood realizing that the car was in limp mode. As soon as i was approaching my garage the car stalled?
it started up after about 15-20 seconds of turning. I drove it inside and was waiting for the diagnistics to arrive. I noticed that the car was hard to start now. Only after about 20-30 seconds the car would start. I checked if there was fuel going to the injectors through the rails and there was a steady flow on all injectors, i ran the diagnostics, alot of historic faults since i forgot to disconect the battery. I deleted everything and tried again. Still, 20-30+ seconds to start the car???
No fault are coming up and no fuses blown.
what could it be?
Old Yesterday, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,241 Likes on 2,147 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
low pressure!

Originally Posted by 642problems
My turbo needed replacement and my grandpa said that since im doing a turbo change i might aswell change the swirl flap rods. After i removed everything and the intake manifolds i realized that the flaps were already removed by a previus owner and that i forgot to disconect the battery before the disasembly! so i started assembling everything back. After i disconected the battery (I also had to change the hp fuel pump)
After assembly i turned the engine, after about 15 seconds the engine started and was running flawlessly. I decided to do a testdrive. I made a trip around the neighborhood realizing that the car was in limp mode. As soon as i was approaching my garage the car stalled?
it started up after about 15-20 seconds of turning. I drove it inside and was waiting for the diagnistics to arrive. I noticed that the car was hard to start now. Only after about 20-30 seconds the car would start. I checked if there was fuel going to the injectors through the rails and there was a steady flow on all injectors, i ran the diagnostics, alot of historic faults since i forgot to disconect the battery. I deleted everything and tried again. Still, 20-30+ seconds to start the car???
No fault are coming up and no fuses blown.
what could it be?
No faults + stall and hard to start after turbo swap.

I am extremely surprised you got into limp mode without any fault.
​​​​​​What scanner are you using ?

This sounds 100% like fuel delivery issue.
Read the rail pressure before crank, during crank and after start up
The following users liked this post:
642problems (Yesterday)