Headlight confusion.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2024, 06:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
W211 E500 Avantgarde (early 2003)
Headlight confusion.

I wonder if anyone can help me here?

My 2003 E500 {VIN #WDB2110702A213929) threw an error message recently saying there was an issue with the dipped beam on the right. Investigation showed that the wires had calcified and cracked. I fixed the wires up on both sides and bought some new bulbs that claimed better performance. The light they cast is still lacking. Anyway, to my question, The bulbs I replaced and bought are the standard H7 Halogen ones. While under the bonnet I saw 2 stickers on the cross frame above each headlight (see attached pic) Halogen bulbs, so far as I know, do not require 25,000 volts! The headlights have no ballast units attached under them so they can't be Xenon ones nor BI-Xenon as the dipped beams are separate to the High Beams.Does that imply that one of the previous owners might have retro-fitted standard units? There are no messages when I do an OBD scan and the lights work. I am thinking of fitting LED lights with a CANBUS adapter to negate any error messages from the ECU. According to my research this is possible and for less than buying OEM Xenon ones. Can anyone explain why the stickers would be there?
Thanks in advance and apologies for the size of pic I can't change it,