E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

03 E500 Stalling/Crank but no start issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2024, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
03 E500 Stalling/Crank but no start issue

Hello everyone, I need your expertise! I own a 2003 E500 with only 45.000 kms on it. It was running absolutely fine and one day when the engine was still hot, it cranked, tried to start, shaked and stalled. Tried a bunch of times, no luck. After it cooled down, it started perfect and I drove for another 30-35 minutes before it slowly lost power, lost response to gas pedal and stalled. I assumed it's the crankshaft position sensor. Then I let her cool down for a long time, tried to start didn't work. This morning after hours of cooling, still didn't work. It cranks, tries to start but doesn't even show an rpm going up on the dash. Funny enough, I don't have a Check Engine Light on. Plugged my cheap little obd, have no codes there. As far as I did the research this sounds like a cps issue, however, it doesn't start when it's cool now and I don't have a CEL. I ordered a Bosch cps which will arrive in two days. Hopefully that will solve the issue. Any other suggestions that would address my issue?
Old 07-25-2024, 07:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 470 Likes on 408 Posts
2005 CLS55 AMG W219 C219
Is/are the batteries ok? Does the alternator provide enough juice to charge the battery?

Are you able to get it scanned with a proper tool? My Torque Pro app does not show all the errors that my Autel does for example.