New, Again, to the MB world

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2024, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E500, Base
Talking New, Again, to the MB world

Greetings.
Just picked up a 2005 E500. It wasn't starting, technically it still isn't starting, but when I hit it with a shot of starting fluid, it would start and run briefly.
Checked the fuel rail, no fuel pressure.
Checked fuse and relay, both good.
Opted to pull the pump and filter assemblies out and replace them.
The wires and hoses were SOOO brittle and cracked. So I replaced both assemblies.
Now I'm waiting on the adapter harness because I didn't see anywhere that 'direct replacement' meant to replace it, then directly order another part you'll need.
Paid for expedited shipping from online source since the local dealer didn't have one. USPS shows the vendor created a label.
That's the end of that. So, I may end up just driving 2 hours round trip to get one from the dealer down south. Good times.

Side note, I did contact the vendor to complain about being charged for expedited shipping when they're just sitting on the part according to USPS.
They were nice enough to refund the extra charges... but, here I still wait on that stupid harness adapter to see if this thing even runs/drives.

Patience... not one of my strengths. lol

Here she is, before the flatbed picked her up and brought her home to her HVAC controlled garage.