E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Car in shop, ESP, SRS etc maybe cam tensioner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2024, 03:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 E350 4matic
Car in shop, ESP, SRS etc maybe cam tensioner

So I bought a 2009 Mercedes E350 and it has the SRS light on that came home as soon as I got back mechanic thinks it’s just the rear axle. Apparently there’s no magnetic ring and you have to replace the whole axle which is fine I’ll buy a reman. But there is a definite mess in the motor and it stumbles and I’m wondering if the camshaft could be the issue or if this is just over diagnosing to get a good bill what is the likelihood that the cam tensioner on these engines have issues? It sounds like once my rear axle is replaced. My ABS will work again and it’ll get me out of limp mode. I’ve already replaced all four ABS sensors regular oil change did a quick inspection when I had all the wheels off for the ABS sensor. Everything looks fine. It definitely has the hard steering at idle.

its stuck in limp mode with with the stupid ABS ring.

so he’s using a snap on tool to read all of the different codes they come back to cam sensors, but I’m wondering if that’s because the engine is stumbling so bad. The computer is compensating by advancing the timing.

Also can you replace the magnetic ABS ring on these cars or do you have to replace the whole axle? Where is a good place to get cheap rear axles for these vehicles and the best place to buy a timing chain kit if I need one?

This car is cost me much more off the bat then I hoped I think I’m going to get it running sell it and spend some time in Europe to relax and get away from all of my troubles that never seem to end thanks to the first amendment and the 14th amendment, but that’ll be settled later in court. I am nuclear physicist and I have no idea why I bought this car other than I love Audis in German vehicles, but I picked a lemon on this one..

anyway, I can’t wait for a vacation away from all my troubles where I can just look at the ocean and not have to think about horses and the US bureaucracy and Lawsuits and take some train trips around Europe.

Thanks in advance for the help. And a survivor of many things and I’m 95% sure this is all being doing to torture me without due process sometime. Well all the time with this phone cloned.

Last edited by MBnewby!; 08-17-2024 at 03:24 AM.
Old 08-18-2024, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,507 Likes on 2,337 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
please use a MB code scanner to post description of the faults on this chassis.

Suggested model is "LAUNCH Elite MB cReader" or similar... the $50 toy scanners being useless.
Some of the $150 are okay. The $3000 scanners as well.

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 08-18-2024 at 11:42 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 E350 4matic
I heard the Autel AP200 was really good for w211's? And can access and delete/reset/adaptations most codes and part installs that come up, minus a few can-bus controllers way back in there.