Comand NTG1 doesn't turn on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 06:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes w211 2007
Comand NTG1 doesn't turn on

Hello All,

I have an issue with my Comand NTG1 (the one where the amp is in the trunk). The last few months the unit would power on anymore for the first few minutes of the drive. The delay was always different (sometimes 2 minutes, sometimes 7 minutes, sometimes it would power on like normal). When it was powered on it worked like normal. One of the last times it powered on the screen stayed black but the backlight was on. It has now been off for about 2 weeks and it will not power on.

The fuses are okay. The unit gets power. It will take a CD (with the motorized mechanism) but won't eject it anymore. The cd-changer compartment below it also won't open.

I wonder what this could be. I seem to remember that some time a few years ago I had the amplifier disconnected (the MOST glassfiber connector), then the head unit also wouldn't power on. So, I think this can be a malfuntioning head-unit, of a malfunctioning amplifier.

Anyone who maybe has a clue what to try before I replace the amplifier (cheapest option)?

Thanks!

Last edited by MariusNL; Today at 08:54 AM.
Old Today, 04:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,046 Likes on 969 Posts
1999 E300TD
before you go through that expense find someone with DAS and do a quick scan of the car as you are just pissing in the wind