E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E Class catches FIRE...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Marcos,

Is your friend Sean the service manager?, i know quite a few people who work at Hitchin, my partner used to work there sometime ago.

Well, his car was taken there and a `new dash' was surposed to have been fitted, but when he went to collect somthing from it, and the boot was opened, the radio came on on it's own?, that gave him lots of confidence.

He then said that he wanted the car to be taken to Bedford (the original dealer who supplied it), for them to check it out.

Looks like Mercedes MIGHT be trying to keep things quiet.

I don't mind if people on here don't beleve me, it ain't my problem, I don't drive a Mercedes, and have no intention (after this) of ever wanting one, the only reason that I posted the original message was to see if it was a common problem.

Pinman
Old 02-15-2005, 05:18 PM

Hi Marcos,

Well, his car WAS taken to Hitchin, and they was surposed to have replaced the dash?. They couldn't get the electrics working right, and he asked them to take it over to Bedford as that was the dealer who he got it from, and he wanted them to see if they could sort it out.

His car was deffinitley a E 320 CDi, and was only 6 weeks old, had less than 2000 miles on the clock.

I originaly posted the message to see if anyone knew of anymore that had gone up in smoke, seems that Mercedes wanted to keep things quiet.

I don't need to spread rumours about dealers, or products, I don't have a Mercedes and don't think I would buy one, not my cup of tea.

I know a few of the staff over at Hitchin, my partner used to work there.

Pinman
Old 02-16-2005, 05:42 AM
Almost a Member!

2006 Renault Megane II
Originally Posted by glojo
Hi Renault (wash my mouth with soapy water)
In all fairness to pinman aka liftman.

It has been known for navigation systems to be this in-accurate. On newish vehicles it is usually a problem with the aerial.

I do however agree with your other comments.

Take care,
John
I stand corrected then, I refuse to believe that MB would allow this. Don't they test their products for millions of hours?
Old 02-16-2005, 06:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally Posted by RenaultFreak
I stand corrected then, I refuse to believe that MB would allow this. Don't they test their products for millions of hours?
Hi Renault Spy,
Blinking good question. You have really struck a raw nerve now.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/98391-mp3-folders.html

There have been a number of very minor electronic problems that Mercedes-Benz are slowly rectifying. The memory settings on the seats being another point in question. There has only recently been an upgrade that makes the wretched thing work as it is designed to do.

I am criticising the 211, but it is easily the best vehicle I have owned. Plus I am fortunate in getting it when I did. The very newest models do not have the standard features that were offered on my specific model.

That does not include the fact that it is a 320CDI Estate which I believed is not offered in the US?

Bye for now,
John
A cool sunny morning in Torquay
Old 02-19-2005, 05:01 PM

SEPT 2005 CLS 320CDI,
Originally Posted by wobbles
I do apologize in advance for sounding like the proverbial/biblical Doubting Thomas, but if liftman is indeed pinman (and I'm not saying he is), then, should we be believing all that is allegedly happening to liftman's vehicle at all?

Just some caffeine-induced imagination on a run here ... no offence meant in anyway whatsoever!
Sorry to disappoint, to set the record straight I am not Pinman. As for the problems experienced with my own vehicle I cannot see what useful purpose fictitious problems would serve.

I will be updating the thread started last year on my vehicle, however sufficed to say the dealer repairing the vehicle has given up trying to solve problems.

More of this info later...

All I would say is who stands to benefit? If we doubt each others experiences?

I appreciate wobbles honesty in expressing his doubts far better to have doubts out in the open.

Cheers

Liftman
Old 02-20-2005, 10:12 PM

E200 Kompressor (sold 2008), BMW 7 series (2009), now waiting for the E63
Originally Posted by liftman
I appreciate wobbles honesty in expressing his doubts far better to have doubts out in the open.

Cheers

Liftman
Hi Liftman,

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand that last bit, but I do assure you that I meant no disrespect whatsoever ... just v. curious as to why you'd be referred to as pinman, that's all.

And, if you were indeed pinman (again, I'm NOT saying you are!), then, given that the general consensus of the forum readers at the moment that pinman's assertions are somewhat a little off the mark, then it stands to reason that yours may be similarly so, somewhat.

However, the corollary is ONLY applicable if you WERE indeed pinman, which, in this case, you've firmly stated you ARE NOT.

Ergo, there's no reason to doubt your case whatsoever, since you're NOT pinman

Hope that's made as clear as a 9am posting without the benefit of a cup of the old java can be!
Old 02-23-2005, 05:11 PM

Well it looks like Mercedes Hitchin are keeping quiet then.

Pinman
Old 02-24-2005, 03:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML 320 CDI
I happen to know both a male and female worker at Hitchin and neither of them has any knowledge of these problems you list. They have both told me about the two cars I mentioned earlier.
It may be of course that they are both trying to keep things covered up as it would of course be slightly embarrasing for them as I'm looking at new cars at the moment.

Maybe we'll never find out