E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Blinking fog light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 (W211)
Blinking fog light

The left fog light harness was dangling and I drove over it ripping it out. I spliced it back and changed the harness because the original one was broken. I installed an LED bulb. Now my right fog light works perfectly fine but the left one blinks on and off like it's trying to send Morse code about being trapped in a cracker factory. Any ideas? Also if I turn on the fog lights it registers that the fog light is out. Thanks in advance.
Old Today, 06:16 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
E320
When you spliced and replaced the harness after it was ripped out, there's a possibility that the connection wasn't securely made or that there's a wiring issue causing intermittent contact. LED bulbs are sensitive to voltage fluctuations, and if there's a poor connection or insufficient power supply to the bulb, it can cause flickering or blinking. Additionally, if the LED bulb isn't compatible with the electrical system of your vehicle, it could be triggering an error message or causing the fog light control module to misinterpret the signals. I recommend running a full system scan using a diagnostic tool capable of accessing the body control module (BCM) or lighting control module. There should be fault codes stored related to the left fog light issue, which will provide more insight into the specific problem. If you're comfortable with troubleshooting electrical systems, using a full system scanner like the youcanic full system scanner can help diagnose whether the issue lies in the wiring, the bulb, or potentially a deeper electrical fault. If you prefer professional assistance, a mechanic with experience in automotive electrical systems can efficiently pinpoint and resolve the problem.
The following users liked this post:
2MERKS (Today)