E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Advice on codes P0015, P2015, P0024

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2024, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl500
Advice on codes P0015, P2015, P0024

I bought an 08 E350 a few months ago and have been trying to get it in top shape but have had some things pop up since purchase. I had the manifold replaced and things seemed fine, then had the P0015 code pop up and did the camshaft solenoids and position sensors and everything seemed in order again for a bit. Yesterday my check engine light came on and these codes popped up again. I haven’t gotten my own scanner yet and am looking into a higher quality one for more thorough diagnostic so this is just based on the OBDII report from autozone. The only symptom I really noticed is that it seems like there’s some shaking when I first start the car after it’s been sitting a bit, but that goes away relatively quickly. The P0015 and P2015 code were listed as primary concern with P0024 as secondary if that makes any difference. Also, engine serial number indicates it should be a later model engine and outside the range of problem ones.

I did end up with extra camshaft sensors and solenoids from FCP euro due my order getting mixed up so could try swapping Bank 1 exhaust solenoid if it could be faulty, not sure what to do outside of that. For the manifold I’m seeing different sensors online that could cause an issue but having a hard time differentiating the parts I’m seeing listed as intake manifold runner control valve, intake position sensor, MAP sensor and which could be correlated to the code. Any advice on where to start or if I should just take it in for better diagnostic? Still slowly trying to learn as much as I can but a lot of this is new to me when it comes to troubleshooting. Thanks!
Old 10-01-2024, 11:44 AM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,057 Likes on 978 Posts
1999 E300TD
Not withstanding this is where a good factory or equal scanner comes into play, but then you have to learn the systems, sensors and wiring diagrams that are potentially faulty. When I need dental work I dont enroll in dental school I go to a dentist.