E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Center Console Ventillation Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Center Console Ventillation Question

Can the temperature in the center console ventillation be changed? Mine always seems really warm...
Old 12-12-2004, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
It is controlled by the drivers side Temperature. So if you put the AC on 60 per say, it will become 60 degrees in the center console. So you cant really control the center console individually.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
The W210 at least had a shut off for the center consol, I never want to heat it, but I always would like it cold.

Steve
Old 12-12-2004, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
There is a manual slide inside the front leading edge of the lower box.... You can't control temps, but rather slide it to control flow. I usually have mine closed all year.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
A little time on my hands so here is a pic of the slide. Its the raised handle just below the plastic triangle marker... Pull up to open and push down to close...
Attached Thumbnails Center Console Ventillation Question-mvc-011f.jpg  
Old 12-12-2004, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
Originally Posted by HELL ONA HARLEY
There is a manual slide inside the front leading edge of the lower box.... You can't control temps, but rather slide it to control flow. I usually have mine closed all year.
Could you post a picture of it, I could not find that FOR THE LIFE OF ME!! And I consider myself a pretty car savvy person.

Steve
Old 12-12-2004, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SAguirre
Could you post a picture of it, I could not find that FOR THE LIFE OF ME!! And I consider myself a pretty car savvy person.

Steve
WOW!!!!! That was FAST!!!!!!!!

Steve
Old 12-12-2004, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I will check when I go to the car again, but I think that my car does not have that

Thanks, Steve
Old 12-12-2004, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
I will check when I go to the car again, but I think that my car does not have that

Thanks, Steve
Wish I could say different.... The way they build these damned things who knows who has what????? I do know the "climate contolled" center console was on the "decontenting" list.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:33 PM

2018 S450, 2019 Range Rover LWB, 2015 Range Rover, 2019 S560 Cabriolet (awaiting delivery)
There is a manual slide inside the front leading edge of the lower box....
My 2005 has this feature (bulid date 6/04 with the "butterfly" console). Not sure if the "new style" console has this feature for '05?

Last edited by jschade; 12-12-2004 at 11:36 PM.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OK!!

I just went out to the car and looked. Your picture looked exactly like my car's console, but I could not find the lever. That was the problem! It is not a "lever" you have to actually have to hold the front side of the console by the ridges and either lift or lower (the whole piece) until it clicks. I have had it closed, but I will have it open in the summer!

Thanks for the info, the delivery person at the dealer said that there was no way to open or close the vent in the W211. When I go to the dealer this week I will point that out to her!

Steve
Old 12-13-2004, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Its really sad when the consumer has to show the sales person how their product works!!!!!

B.T.W... I called it a handle / manual slide not a lever, but what ever it is I'm glad your good to go....

Last edited by HELL ONA HARLEY; 12-13-2004 at 12:19 AM.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its really sad when the consumer has to show the sales person how their product works!!!!!

B.T.W... I called it a handle not a lever, but what ever it is I'm glad your good to go....
I looked and saw that you called it "handle,” when I went to the car and still could not find where it was so I opened the manual and looked. I now forgot what word they used, but whatever it was I did not quite get it. I just did not think that the whole front inner wall would move. But thank you very much for making my evening. I will use that feature since it does get very hot here in the summer!

When I picked up the car I was not dressed very professionally, just blue jeans and a t-shirt (but groomed and clean). The lady that showed me the car upon delivery must have taken me for "Poor White Trash" buying a Mercedes that is out of his league. When we sat down in the car I let her do her delivery presentation and did not say a word. I later started with a list of things that I wanted to know how to do: I mean . . . she asked.

*Can I still press the * button on the radio to direct input frequencies, track number etc.

*Can I program the passenger side mirror to not only tilt down when it is in reverse, but actually tell it where it should aim?

*Then I wanted to know about this center console.

*I also wanted to make the remote not do global unlock.

*What and how do the two buttons on the rear dome light do? They looked like they were for dimming the lights up and down. She was clueless about their existence.

*Was the jack in the glove box for an accessory input?

All of these questions and some other stumped her. I was not trying to render her incompetent, but she immediately said that I was not the typical Mercedes consumer. I asked if it was my clothes, she laughed and explained that most people who buy the cars just drive them and don't push any buttons.

I have since retuned in the evening to pick up my car from service in my tuxedo before going to an event in Denver. She did not recognize me, but I introduced myself again and gave her the answers to all the questions (except this center console question) to which she did not know the answers. She was very receptive and thankful.

I like to think of myself as an educated consumer not a one-man school, but there are a lot of people at dealers who don't know their *** from a whole in the ground. Glauser Mercedes Benz at least gives a very solid effort into customer satisfaction and they are still the best dealer I have dealt with.

Steve
Old 12-13-2004, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
When I picked up the car I was not dressed very professionally, just blue jeans and a t-shirt

L.O.L.... We sound alot alike... The ol'lady and I actually went car shopping on the Harley... Most of the sales people would'nt even look me in the eye and didn't appreicate the sleeved arm in their showroom... Things changed quick when they found out we were serious.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

L.O.L.... We sound alot alike... The ol'lady and I actually went car shopping on the Harley... Most of the sales people would'nt even look me in the eye and didn't appreicate the sleeved arm in their showroom... Things changed quick when they found out we were serious.
I love to cause "cognitive dissonance." The people who don't have the means tend to be the most snobbish and discriminating. They do start to really respect you when you show that you are serious, know what you are talking about and will not be financing the car (though sometimes they like to get the financing kick-back from MB USA).

I had a bike for years, it was Japanese and nothing special, but I would have totally ridden one to the dealer if I could have done it! I can totally relate. I am sometimes seen by students around town and they cannot believe that it’s me if I am not all dressed up (not a big fan of fancy since I grew up like that).

Steve
Old 12-13-2004, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
The "*****s" at FJM didnt take me seriously when I went in khakis and a polo shirt. But when they found out I was ready to put some $$$ where my mouth was, things changed pretty damn quickly. I have better experiences at Laguna Niguel, when we ordered the S600 I went in Jeans, tennis shoes, and a polo shirt and was treated like any customer should be treated.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
This is my first Mercedes and never really looked untill I felt we could swing it (why look if you can't touch).... Anyway, I've never been around so many stuck-up sales people in my expeirience of buying cars.... I could'nt believe the attitude. I live in the S.F bay area where there are literally close to a dozen dealers within a two hours radius. Although there were closer dealers that I could've bought the car from, we ultimatly chose a dealership with the "ONE" salesman that dug bikes and actually took me serious from the get-go.
Yes, I'm a blue jeans and tee shirt kind of guy... Grew-up that way and this is the way I'll stay. I'm proud to say I'm not your typical Mercedes owner and loving every minute of it....
Old 12-13-2004, 02:17 AM

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts
There is that saying... "If you look like X, you will be treated like X". X can be just about anything. Whether or not this is a reflection of our society, what is important to know is to use it for your benefit. Buying a car at a high-end dealership is only one example of this. After all, salesmen and women are only human.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:04 PM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E500 / 2001 C240
In sales, funny thing is in my experience, many of the people you would least expect to have the most money do..
Old 12-13-2004, 02:12 PM

In fairness to the sales staff (and I do not sell mercedes), there are A LOT of people that go in and waste their time. I learned this the last two times when I tried to sell my 3 series ('00) and 5 series ('02). Most of the people that called loved the cars as long as they were under a dollar and some just wanted to drive it, other just wanted to talk, etc. Crazy! It is not surprising that the sales people get like that but I agree that they shouldn't.

This varies from dealer to dealer. One I went to I told them what I wanted and they said they would look through inventory and get back to me. I went to another (27 years old in jeans) and they treated me well (although surprised by my age) so I placed the order for a new E. four weeks later the first dealership got back to me and it felt so good to say that the car was already ordered.

I know I am not your average young person but money is no longer a matter of age or attire and some of these sales people need to wake up. You can't qualify a person by either of these factors anymore.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by luxury1
In fairness to the sales staff (and I do not sell mercedes), there are A LOT of people that go in and waste their time. I learned this the last two times when I tried to sell my 3 series ('00) and 5 series ('02). Most of the people that called loved the cars as long as they were under a dollar and some just wanted to drive it, other just wanted to talk, etc. Crazy! It is not surprising that the sales people get like that but I agree that they shouldn't.

This varies from dealer to dealer. One I went to I told them what I wanted and they said they would look through inventory and get back to me. I went to another (27 years old in jeans) and they treated me well (although surprised by my age) so I placed the order for a new E. four weeks later the first dealership got back to me and it felt so good to say that the car was already ordered.

I know I am not your average young person but money is no longer a matter of age or attire and some of these sales people need to wake up. You can't qualify a person by either of these factors anymore.

All you have said is on the money! I bought my first MB at a dealer when I was 22, then my second MB in Germany when I was 24 and I just bought my third MB in August at 30. I have also had a bunch of other cars: MB, Audi, Porsche that I bought used and or from my family.

Colorado is a very casual place, so that sales people are less prejudicial about age and clothing, but it still happens sometimes. It does not bother me at all when it happens to me, I am not the one who ends up "eating crow."

Steve A.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Yes, I'm a blue jeans and tee shirt kind of guy... Grew-up that way and this is the way I'll stay. I'm proud to say I'm not your typical Mercedes owner and loving every minute of it....
Vince, and yet again! Just add a Brooklyn NY accent that I’ve been unable to shake in the 12 years of being a Scottsdale resident and imagine the reception I got from the dealerships. My wife and I were “browsing” the third and final dealer and getting the look. Ready to purchase, I politely approached the most polished, senior salesman who just got his perfect haircut and shiny manicured nails with checkbook in hand and said can you please get your sales manager for me I would like to discuss a purchase and don’t really have the time to dance at least when I’m not getting paid for it. A fine gentleman, who has since moved to another city, introduced himself and offered a beverage as we sat down in his office. Long story short we purchased for well under invoice, got a couple freebies thereafter (i.e.: set of MB sheepskin front seat covers).

My point: WITHOUT THE RIGHT SALES SKILLS, SOMETHING HAPPENS: NOTHING!
Old 12-13-2004, 07:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

w211 & w124
I don't know how we got so far OT but the funny thing is I've been to 4 MB dealerships to buy cars from and have always received a warm welcome. Even when I was just "looking" there was always a good salesperson that would be very helpful and show me the inventory, knowing I wasn't going to buy that day but was going to buy very soon. Being a person of brown skin I thought maybe they wouldn't be as receptive but it turned out the opposite was true.

Funny thing is, the one dealership I had the worst service at and was disgusted by the attitudes I received was actually a BMW dealership.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Just add a Brooklyn NY accent that I’ve been unable to shake in the 12 years of being a Scottsdale resident and imagine the reception I got from the dealerships
Hey bro, You know damn well you'd fit right in with the my "family" with that accent.... Kinda gives me that warm fuzzy feeling...
Originally Posted by konigstiger
My point: WITHOUT THE RIGHT SALES SKILLS, SOMETHING HAPPENS: NOTHING
Well said my friend....This is exactly what a half dozon dealers found out when I came knocking...

Oh Yes..... Luxury1, sorry for contributing to the highjacking your thread!!! I felt since your question was answered I'd help keep the friendly off topic bull****ing moving along

Last edited by HELL ONA HARLEY; 12-13-2004 at 11:42 PM.