E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Going Over Service Indicator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going Over Service Indicator

I drive a lot every week and have a pretty full schedule so I am going to be having my car in for service 2,000 miles overdue. Is this a big deal? It will be for 20,000 mile service. Another thing that might factor into this is that the car was brand new in July and most of the miles were accumulated on the highway.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
I'd say no....The dealer is probably just doing an oil and filter change and a quick once over (check) on fluids, brakes and belt....
Old 12-18-2004, 02:13 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 SL55 AMG
No problem....

I know tons of guys who have gone more than 8.000 km over with no problems at all.
Old 12-18-2004, 02:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz S500L AMG Premium Plus
I know of other manufacturers that would use that to deny a warrantly claim on components that should have been examined/changed at that particular service. I think the grace period is usually 500 miles either side.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally Posted by luxury1
I drive a lot every week and have a pretty full schedule so I am going to be having my car in for service 2,000 miles overdue. Is this a big deal? It will be for 20,000 mile service. Another thing that might factor into this is that the car was brand new in July and most of the miles were accumulated on the highway.
It certainly would not do any harm to telephone the dealer, explain the situation, and if he states that the service department is fully booked for 'X' number of days\weeks, politely inform him that you will write a covering letter confirming the conversation.

Good morning,
John
A cool morning in Torquay
Old 12-18-2004, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
These cars are designed to go several hundred thousand miles in their lifetime. 2000 miles is a very tiny percentage of that either way. So you are a tiny percentage over. Its not like you went 2000 miles over your lease agreement. That would be horrific! Also If you explain to the service writer (If he even mentions it) That you were out of town, and wouldn't let anyone else other then them touch your car, because of your dealer's meticulous reputation for service skills and how clean the cars are always kept and returned to their owners.... that's why you chose to purchase from them in the first place... etc, etc...

NO SWEAT!
Old 12-19-2004, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
These cars are designed to go several hundred thousand miles in their lifetime. 2000 miles is a very tiny percentage of that either way. So you are a tiny percentage over. Its not like you went 2000 miles over your lease agreement. That would be horrific! Also If you explain to the service writer (If he even mentions it) That you were out of town, and wouldn't let anyone else other then them touch your car, because of your dealer's meticulous reputation for service skills and how clean the cars are always kept and returned to their owners.... that's why you chose to purchase from them in the first place... etc, etc...

NO SWEAT!
Thanks guys! And by the way, great way to put it Barry!!!