E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

'Pnuematic' Central Locking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 06:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
17 E220D, 11 E350 CDI(sold), 06 CLS320 CDI (sold), 05 Cadillac DeVille (gone), 04 E320 CDI (sold)
Here is a picture (lock1) of the child proof lock switch, it's the black one.

Also a picture (lock2) of the rear door, with the lock locked, it is flush.

I can now report that while you are driving at 30mph, opening any door only unlocks that door. It also puts up an alarm on the dash, and locks again as soon as it is closed. It is a bit of a reach to open the rear passenger door while driving, but it can be done!
Attached Thumbnails 'Pnuematic' Central Locking-lock1.jpg   'Pnuematic' Central Locking-lock2.jpg  
Old 01-14-2005, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
I have the active drive dynamic seats and the ocaisional rear seat area high pitched wheeze or whistle too. I cant seem to locate the sound since it is so irregular.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
I have the active drive dynamic seats and the ocaisional rear seat area high pitched wheeze or whistle too. I cant seem to locate the sound since it is so irregular.
Hi Barry
I was just about to do a search for your name. My 'funny' noises were at first put down to pnuematic 'central locking'. I now accept that information was incorrect, BUT the noise was caused, and located in the pnuematic piping.

Easy Exit\Entrance
This has been a long standing problem that you and I have been involved in for a very long time. Thanks to a contribution by 'liftman' I have had the very latest 'Master Memory' module for the seats fitted and already we have noticed a difference.

Now the car instantly recognizes what key is inserted and adjusts the seats accordingly. I have even altered the seats after getting in, and when the key is next inserted, the seat goes back to the programmed position. (as know doubt it always should have)

Good luck with your squeaks,
John

A cool misty morning in Torquay
Old 01-14-2005, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Can you direct me to this Eazy Entry part/update? I KNOW it is not working correctly, and always get a note on my service order that says "operates as designed". You and I know it is not.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 01-14-2005 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Can you directly to this Eazy Entry part/update? I KNOW it is not working correctly, and always get a note on my service order that says "operates as designed". You and I know it is not.
Hi Barry,
I think you are asking for part numbers or perhaps TSB? Unfortunately I have none. I was fortunate in having an understanding dealer who had logged all my complaints.

I informed them of 'liftman's comments of:

*** "traced to memory module in drivers seat (master) from conversation the fault potential with this unit known although undocumented currently on the 5th or 6th generation of module "****

They ordered this part and so far (touch wood) it has indeed made a noticeable difference.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

John