E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Question for those who got Terk SAT antenna

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whichever one is available (1 of 5)
I just had my Sirius SAT radio installed in September 2004(read the thread in Electronics - Sirius SAT antenna). The installer uses XMicro Satellite Radio Antenna by TERK. This antenna is very small almost flat 1 1/2" by 1 1/2" (looks like a piece of chocolat bar). The installer installed this antenna on top of the roof by the rear windshield in front of the existing MB antenna. He then routed the antenna wires underneath the windshield molding, then into the trunk. This antenna is so small that you cannot even see it. The web address for TERK is www.terk.com. This antenna will work with both XM and Sirius radio. Technically the XM antenna reception frequency range is on the border of the Sirius frequency range. I have also posted a photo in that thread. Do a search on 'TerK XM' and you find the right thread.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:40 AM

ML350 Bluetech
Yeah, I had seen that picture you posted before and that is how I'm going to install it. I'm just sure how once the wire is run around the window to get it into the trunk without just stringing it across the trunk seal. Is there another way?
Old 03-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 E500
Thumbs up Happy Customer

As reported earlier, the dealer had installed the satellite antenna in the default location (outside center of the trunk). I wasn't happy with this, so they agreed to fix it. So they ended up installing a new trunk lid (painted to match and with new emblems) vs. trying to patch up the small hole in the existing trunk lid. The antenna was installed under the rear shelf so that it's not visible at all from the outside... I was a little concerned about this after reading some reports of the signal being cut out on this forum, but I've yet to experience that... seems to work fine even when I'm turning corners etc. Don’t know yet if I’ll run into problems once I venture out of San Jose.

Anyway, just wanted to report that great customer service is alive and well at Beshoff Mercedes. This “repair” was all done at no charge to me and I got a courtesy 2005 C230 Kompessor to drive around for the four days the repair took (which was a damn fun drive… but that’s another post).
Old 03-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 E500
Hi Interpool,

I'm hoping by dumb luck that you get this email very soon. I'm taking my car in today (at Beshoff) to get the brakes done and I'm thinking about getting the satellite done too since I'm too busy at work to take a day off and have Scorchie do it. Anyways do you remember who you talked to or who did the install inside your car? I don't want to go through the headaches you did. In fact, if I have them do it, I'm going to tape down a note on the trunk lid so they dont screw up.

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Ahhhh. If they would just come out with a body colored antenna....