E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Next Navteq USA Nav DVD Due Out in March

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
I have not. Roads here in NY/Long Island & what we call the NY Metro Area are pretty much final. There is very little undeveloped land, so new streets are not happening often. If they do & my system can't find a new street I will look for a POI to get me to the immediate area & then ask if I have to. In Boston there is major highway re-routing & new bridges & tunnels... If I went there frequently I'd get one once a year.

I believe that the map is not updated as critically as the POI's/Restaurants are, unless there is major well known highway/street construction. (I advised Navteq that they had my 4 block long street name misspelled & they e-mailed me & told me I WAS WRONG, and they had it right... My street is a contraction of the First Names of the 2 partners who built the street & all the houses on it. Sort of like "Barlou Road", so its not like there is an alternate spelling for it! Duh!)

I wouldn't replace my Nav disk more than once every 2 years or so, which pretty much means 1 replacement after 2 years & sell the car after year 4. UNLESS they stated that the disk had a software update for the Nav unit or they had added more features/info to the disc, that was a "must have" thing.

The 1 update disk I bought 2005.2 I think, did have a software update on it. My car was built 11/03 so it had the very 1st disk burned for the new US Spec 2004 Comand Nav system in the trunk. Thats why I replaced it. I have been hunting for any differences even to the most obscure streets & couldn't find anything different between that disc & the one that came in the car.

Even the out of business restaurants/POI's were still there.