E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

How to limit the ride height? airmatic... star diagnose??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBenz
How to limit the ride height? airmatic... star diagnose??

i like the looks when the car is low. but the car has his own mind and likes going up and down... so is there anyway to limit the ride height? e.g. i want the car to have 1" gap maximum and can't go any higher.

i don't want to modify anything.. i remembered somebody here posted that dealer can do this via stardiagnose or something?? how much will it cost me? will it void warranty?
Old 02-15-2005, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
Ipolo,
I know Beschoff in SJ will do it via the star machine but they charge $800 and they bend the rear bracket to make it go lower. I am working on something for mine and once I get it all figured out I will post. If you want to spend that kind of $$ I can give you my buddies number who can get you hooked up at Beschoff with the shop foreman.

As far as voiding the warranty that usually depends on the dealership and how mod-friendly they are and if the are constantly sending in claims for broken parts. At least that is how it used to be at Audi when I had my S4 - turbo replacements started becoming very difficult to get done since most people had chipped their cars and were running way too much boost for those little K03's to handle for an extended period of time.

I suggest searching the forum as you will get some good ideas on how to get the desired height you really want.