E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

How do you wash and keep your MB clean??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes-Benz E350 4Matic
How do you wash and keep your MB clean??

I won't simply refer it to be a car but instead a Mercedes Benz

How do you wash your Mercedes? What products do you used and in what sequence do you use it?

Also, in between complete wash, what kind of wax or cleaning sprays do you use to keep the shine and remove the dirt?

What do you use to clean the leather seats and dashboard, etc?

Please explain in detail if possible as if you are asking someone else to exactly clean the car the way you would.

Thanks
Old 02-18-2005, 06:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 S450, 2019 Range Rover LWB, 2015 Range Rover, 2019 S560 Cabriolet (awaiting delivery)
Mine gets picked up from my house once a week and brought back clean (washed, dried, tires dressed, windows cleaned in and out and vacuumed). Not sure what products they use but they do a thorough detail, wax, and engine compartment twice a year (fall and spring). If it gets too dirty between weekly pick-ups, I take it through the $5 carwash/towel dry.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 E55
i wash it when I need to get gas. I used gas station machine wash and handwax. Or if i have time, i drive down to the dealership and have my car washed.

Only the car that i really liked or has some value i will pay someone to hand wash and wax it for me.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
W211 2005 CDI, X166 2013 350 BT, 997.1 2008 C4S
I don't spend hours caressing it with exotic salves and unguents because it's only a car and I've got better uses for my time.[/QUOTE]
Luckily you're "investing" your time wisely here on this board.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
W211 2005 CDI, X166 2013 350 BT, 997.1 2008 C4S
Originally Posted by Vivek
I won't simply refer it to be a car but instead a Mercedes Benz

How do you wash your Mercedes? What products do you used and in what sequence do you use it?

Also, in between complete wash, what kind of wax or cleaning sprays do you use to keep the shine and remove the dirt?

What do you use to clean the leather seats and dashboard, etc?

Please explain in detail if possible as if you are asking someone else to exactly clean the car the way you would.

Thanks
Vivek,
I think you will find valuable info in the "detailing" section of mbworld forums. It's great with lots of useful information. You don't need to spend alot of money to make your car look great but it is wise to get a good wax like Klasse All in one/sealant glaze. That's what I have been using for years and have had excellent results with minimal swirl marks and good paint protection. Also try the autopia website for good info. Hope this helps.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:46 PM

04' E500 w/Appear. PKG, Panorama Roof
I used the Zaino products popular on the detail forums. I believe that the real value to me is that they have provided a great protective coat, while reducing my weekly work dramatically. The car looks great with even just a hand wand spray for a few quarters. When I have an hour and the weather is nice, I hand wash using micro fibre and Zaino products. But I enjoy the time, and listen to the NPR Car Talk guys as I work. Car has no swirl marks after a year and it looks showroom perfect. So while time is very valuable to me also, I use the time here and caring for the car efficiently in my opinion. Once or twice a year I do the full ZAINO treatment, but hey that charges my batteries...
Old 02-18-2005, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
I use water. :p
Old 02-22-2005, 12:39 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
'05 E320CDI, 1987 300E, Vanagon Syncro, Turbo Arrow III
Another vote for Zaino here. I second the comments about it being a great base coat. The Zaino wash is mild on the finish, but seems to get the crud off pretty well.

The Mr. Clean Autodry rinse gun is excellent to get a spot-free rinse. If I'm in a hurry, I use a leaf blower to dry the car, and the Porter-Cable random-orbit polisher to throw on a coat of Z-2.

The stock wheels on the CDI are really intricate. I suppose one could make a religion out of developing a routine to clean them. I'm thinking one of those foam-spoke ball brushes like I use for the coffee pot might be really useful on them.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
I use my old self-service car wash. I know they have a reverse osmosis filtering system as well as a water softener for a spot free dry. I know because I had it installed when I owned it.

However, I like to use the warm high pressure wand at about 18 inches away from the body and go over the whole car, and then I fill a little bucket and use a fuzzy hand mitten to wash the car by hand. DON NOT USE A SPONGE!!! Sponges hold a lot of sand and dirt in their holes and then they scratch the paint! After soaping up the car I rinse it of with high pressure water.

The soap at this carwash is totally PH balanced and has never stripped the wax coat off any of my cars. Also, it is great to have a place with radiant floor heat (in the winter) so that you don't ice up your own driveway! Not to mention, it is nice to drop the big chunks of accumulated snow and ice from inside the fenders at the wash bay instead of in your garage or driveway. I wax my car with a special wax I bought at the IAA in Germany. It is by far the best product I have ever used! I wax my cars at least twice a year; spring and fall. But I usually get a couple of days when I have the time and the weather cooperates, so I was the car about 4 times a year on average.

So Jain, if you don't mind using a self service carwash I find them to be the way to go. That is assuming that they use good soap and have good water. The way to find out is by calling the number they post to call if you experience any problems when using their equipment. They should be happy to talk to you about what soap and what filtering system they use. I don't know how many self-service places you have in Canada but they are very popular in Colorado. Arizona is the #1 place for self service car washes, Colorado is #2. The average price should be about $1.75 for 4 minutes of wash time. If there are no customers waiting behind you, most places allow you to bucket wash there too.

As per the interior of the car, I clean it with wet/damp cotton towels, it usually always does the trick.

Did you pick up your E320 4-M????

Steve

Last edited by SAguirre; 02-22-2005 at 01:19 AM.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:17 AM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E500 / 2001 C240
Originally Posted by SAguirre
I use my old self-service car wash. I know they have a reverse osmosis filtering system as well as a water softener for a spot free dry. I know because I had it installed when I owned it.
Haha.. That's great.