European Delivery deals?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Question European Delivery deals?

To those who opted for European Delivery within the last twelve months, what deal did you receive; the standard 7%, 10% total, 10% on top of the standard 7%, trip enhancement(s), etc? Please include your dealer, city & state. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
So I guess everyone got the standard 7% discount...
Old 02-23-2005, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Did the 7% get dropped now in favor of some new program? We were looking at buying a few demo cars on this deal and the sales manager indicated that new programs were coming into effect. Do you know about these?

-s-
Old 02-23-2005, 02:56 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
Check your PM.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Thanks for the info.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Discounts on Euro Delivery

TPA - if you can't make the info public, I'd appreciate being PM'd as to any info you have on changes in the Euro Delivery program for 06 models beginning with the now orderable 06 E350. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some MBs & Bimmers
Originally Posted by northbenz
TPA - if you can't make the info public, I'd appreciate being PM'd as to any info you have on changes in the Euro Delivery program for 06 models beginning with the now orderable 06 E350. Thanks.
TPA

Same here. I have been exploring this option. Since my wife and I have not been to Europe, I am interested in trying the ED one day.

Pls PM if you have special info on the ED program

TIA
Old 02-24-2005, 11:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
W211 2005 CDI, X166 2013 350 BT, 997.1 2008 C4S
Originally Posted by GearHead
TPA

Same here. I have been exploring this option. Since my wife and I have not been to Europe, I am interested in trying the ED one day.

Pls PM if you have special info on the ED program

TIA
me three please
Old 02-25-2005, 08:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
me four
Old 02-25-2005, 12:10 PM

2017 E300W
There was really no big deal here and I just wanted to make the procedure the easiest on me. This worked for me because I knew what I wanted and did not want to be pestered by a salesperson.

I determined what options I wanted and used the MBUSA "configurator” to print out the specs., option code, etc. I then used MBUSA’s dealer locator to find all of the dealers in my state. I sent a fax to each new car sales manager and asked for them to write me back a price. My points in the fax were:

1. Don’t bother if your price does not exceed the 7% discount or if you tack on any dealer processing fees or other charges.

2. I would take care of registering the MSO myself and did not want their title/registration services.

3. I would take delivery at my nearest MB dealer; they would not be expected to prep/process the car.

4. I wanted a response by email, fax, or mail but would not consider any dealer who attempted to reach me by phone.

5. I would only sign the MBUSA purchase agreement and related documents or government-mandated forms. That is, no dealer contracts limiting legal rights, etc. (note that in many dealer contracts you sign away your rights to redress in the court system by requiring mediation/arbitration of disputes).

The responses were interesting – from pompous to straight forward. One dealer’s GM wrote a two-page letter telling me how misguided I was by not considering their sterling reputation. He went on to say that at the 7% the dealership only “broke even” on these deals and that’s why they also charged a $500 “document processing” charge. Give me a break! I visited the Palm Beach MB dealer in person and the sales person haughtily sniffed “We don’t discount those prices.” and walked off.

Others just sent the bottom line, which is what I asked for. The discount consensus seemed to be an additional 3%. I phoned one of the final candidates who told me that they are happy as a clam with these deals: they don’t have to floor plan the car, the orders don’t count against their allocation, they get paid and take their money off the top (months before you ever see your car) once you make your final payment before you leave for Sindelfingen, they incur no holding or interest charges, and the ED customers are generally very well informed and don’t need hand holding.

Realistically, most of my contact was with MBUSA’s ED department and travel planners whom I found to be very well informed, incredibly pleasant, and efficient.

Of course, this procedure isn’t for everyone and isn’t really fair to the dealer if you need lots of their time. In my case, it was really a paper processing task for which they were compensated. I did not need or want the dealership experience. And I’m not sure there aren’t better deals. I think a search here under “ED” or “European Delivery” will find reports of others who got a little more off. Also, you may get as good or better deal unless you want something that wasn’t being appreciably discounted off list (in my case, the CDI). I’m sure similar opportunities are available in your states too.

How did any of you other ED'ers do?
Old 02-25-2005, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E550, 2013 GLK
Originally Posted by TPAbnz
There was really no big deal here and I just wanted to make the procedure the easiest on me. This worked for me because I knew what I wanted and did not want to be pestered by a salesperson.
Good stuff!

If the car is delivered by a dealer other then the one that sold the car, what's in it for them?

If you have warranty work, where do you take the car?
Old 02-25-2005, 01:12 PM

2017 E300W
Originally Posted by BudC
If the car is delivered by a dealer other then the one that sold the car, what's in it for them?
Nothing. Under the MB ED program, your car will be sent to whatever dealer you pick in the US at no additional charge (other than the CDI to prohibited states).

Originally Posted by BudC
If you have warranty work, where do you take the car?
The local dealer. Even though they didn't get the sale, they called to ask me to consider them for warranty work ($$$) and I was reminded that they'd provide me with a car too. I buy my parts/accessories from them and if someone wants to buy a car locally, I recommend them.

I don't think that dealer's care anymore today where you buy your car.

Last edited by TPAbnz; 02-25-2005 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E550, 2013 GLK
Thanks, I've saved your list for when we finally get to do an ED.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:39 PM

2017 E300W
Originally Posted by northbenz
Nothing seems to have changed other than some '06 models (including the E class) have been added to the list at the 7% discount:

http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container...menu=3_0&sub=6