E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Advice on 19" or 20" Rims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08' S550,,,C63!
AMGKOO if I was to lower my car which is the best way to have it done and how much will it cost? I would like to see if lowering my car I will still have the advantage of using the airmatic.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:15 PM

'12 CLS550, '08 M6, '04 E500
I am not too sure how this guy lowered his E55. But I think he changed out the links for the airmatic sensor in order to lower the car that much.

TWS lowered my car for me. They changed out the front links and relocate the rear sensor.

Originally Posted by esport
AMGKOO thanks for the pictures they look great especially with the mayas dtr. In your photos are the cars lowered via factory airmatic only or did you have them lowered some more on side. I not interested in lowering my car. so my concern how will 20" or 19" look in my car with factory airmatic lowering. I dont want my car looking funny with big rims.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:21 PM

'12 CLS550, '08 M6, '04 E500
Easiest method to lower your car if you don't need to lower it a lot is to ask the dealer to lower it for you by reprogramming the airmatic through Star Diagnostic.

Or you can use the method here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=43822

Cheap and easy and you are still able to have the advantages of your airmatic (semi-active suspension, adjust the height w/ a push of a button, etc.)

If you want to lower the car more than 1.5 inch, then you got to change out the links for the sensors.

Originally Posted by esport
AMGKOO if I was to lower my car which is the best way to have it done and how much will it cost? I would like to see if lowering my car I will still have the advantage of using the airmatic.