E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Are MB Dealers offering a discount off MSRP for the new E-Class Sedan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6
Anyone know if there are any discounts being given on the 2010 E350 4 matic in Canada? Is there going to be a price reduction in Canada as well? Im thinking of trading in my Sonata and putting around $4000 down aswell, and I hope they give a good deal. Also when is the release date in Canada?

Previously was on my way to negotiating on a C350 /w/ Premium Package, but when I asked the dealer about trading in my Sonata, the salesman just told me that they will give me the lowest price that its worth because the car provides no benefit for them, they say the car you trade in will go directly to the auction? They also told me they were doing a big favor on me by taking a trade in? Is this true or is it BS?

Now Im going for the E Class Sedan instead, because it seems better
Old 07-06-2009, 03:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
Originally Posted by matrix_saudi
...but when I asked the dealer about trading in my Sonata, the salesman just told me that they will give me the lowest price that its worth because the car provides no benefit for them, they say the car you trade in will go directly to the auction? They also told me they were doing a big favor on me by taking a trade in? Is this true or is it BS?

True or not, trading in your old purchased (not leased) car is usually not the way to get the best "bang-for-the-buck". When I bought my E350's, I tried to negotiate a good price for trade-ins but failed since the dealership didn't budge. I have since sold both of my "potential trade-in" vehicles for almost double what the dealership was willing to give me (and if I waited some more and "stuck to my initial price", then I probably could have gotten more than double... IF the right customer came along).

Basically, IMO dealer trade-ins are good if:

1) you are making so much money that spending the time to privately sell your car would cost you more in potential revenue than the difference between what you COULD get for your car (by selling it yourself) versus what the dealer WILL give you.

2) you value convenience over increased income, thus would rather go the "hassle-free" route in disposing of your vehicle.

3) your old vehicle is worth less than $3,500-$4,500 USD, and you qualify to trade it in under the "Cash For Clunkers" program (which is part of the American Reinvestment And Recovery Act of 2009). This option is for participating U.S. dealerships ONLY!