E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Just bought a new 2010 E550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
Have you noticed downpayment for those leases ?
The main idea of leasing is no money down. You come with one grand and drive a car for 36 months for 600-700 hundred a month. Otherwise it does not make any financial sense. Let's say your car was stolen next day - you lose all money you put down. Never do it.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:52 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
True. $5K down on that C is ridiculous.

Fortunately for me, I'm not one of those "need to have a new car" people, I kind of go with the "out of mind, out of sight" mantra. As long as I can choose a 1-3 year old car that's brand new in form, and CPO'd, I figure I'll come out better than, if not at least the same when it comes to using my $$ wisely on the car I'm purchasing.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
Talking

Whatever makes you happy is the best for you ))
Old 09-15-2009, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by K-A
Then again, being a Lease, that puts "Mileage hog" kind of out of the question so maybe not....
When I returned our 07 C230 to the dealership when lease ended, they really f*cked up and I got a letter from MB a month later asking where the car is. Lol, at the same time, they forgot to charge for the extra mileage we put on. LOL, oh man, that was nice. We've leased GMs and a Chrysler before and they've never forgotten about the mileage.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 CLS550, 09 CLS550, 04Cooper,10 Cooper S
Originally Posted by K-A
Not trying to rain on the guys parade, just surprised a bit, I'm just learning new things about Leases every day.

BTW, I don't know if it's a Cali thing, but there are pretty attractive Leases right now (all things considered of course):

http://www.mbencino.com/specials/index.htm

$299 a Month to Lease a C? Pretty damn cheap, I'm thinking of trading my Mileage hog/DD Malibu in for one if that's the case. A bit smaller but can't say I won't enjoy driving it a lot more while putting the hard miles on it.... Then again, being a Lease, that puts "Mileage hog" kind of out of the question so maybe not....

Also E350's @ $699 a month, not too bad either, considering it's still a newly-launched car.

& CLS for $869.
These lease rates are insane.

I am using the C class lease on the website that was linked:

Sure they look like a small amount a month but the down payment which is capitalized cost reduction is more than a years payment at $299 on the C.

plus 10K a year is crap mileage.

Also, at a $34K MSRP, that C class is a manual with no options

Of course the monthly payments are low. By making a huge down payment, you are making several monthly payments before you leave the lot.

Kinda like renting an apartment with a years rent up front and then having a low monthly payment.

Ideallly, you should not pay any more than 1st payment, tags & deposit (if required) when you leave the dealership with a leased car.

Car dealerships rarely have these bare bones cars on the lot they just use these potential low payments to lure you in and then try to get you to purchase a car that will lease for at least $100 more a month with the same huge initial down payment if you want to keep your payment low.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by LETO
Ideallly, you should not pay any more than 1st payment, tags & deposit (if required) when you leave the dealership with a leased car.

Car dealerships rarely have these bare bones cars on the lot they just use these potential low payments to lure you in and then try to get you to purchase a car that will lease for at least $100 more a month with the same huge initial down payment if you want to keep your payment low.
+100
Old 09-16-2009, 05:09 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by LETO
These lease rates are insane.

I am using the C class lease on the website that was linked:

Sure they look like a small amount a month but the down payment which is capitalized cost reduction is more than a years payment at $299 on the C.

plus 10K a year is crap mileage.

Also, at a $34K MSRP, that C class is a manual with no options

Of course the monthly payments are low. By making a huge down payment, you are making several monthly payments before you leave the lot.

Kinda like renting an apartment with a years rent up front and then having a low monthly payment.

Ah, you make good sense Sir. Good thing I brought up all this Lease fuss, learning new things every day.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:45 AM

nothing right now
Arrow

Originally Posted by K-A
I dunno, for that money, I'd rather just put down like $25K, finance the rest, and probably pay a couple hundred dollars less a month (assuming the car comes out to about $70K for a loaded E550, after taxes), and then be able to sell it after 3 years for somewhere in the $30's or maybe even $40's, if I wanted to. You'd still come out better than simply paying that and Leasing.

Paying $45-ish thousand dollars to Lease one for a few years is just mind-blowing to me.

No offense intended to O/P, more power to you for having the ability and will-power to do that!
I don't think leasing makes any sense for a personal car, but how many here write off the payments, or a percentage of?

I lease through my company and that is the only way it makes sense to me. If I was looking to buy for myself, I could not/would not put out $80,000.00 for personal transportation.

Shane D
Old 09-17-2009, 11:06 AM

drive=08 tundra, own 2010E550
pics?!?!