New E63 on order, need help with colors :<

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG 2010
New E63 on order, need help with colors :<

Hello guys,

My first post here written all the way across the globe from Dubai, UAE! Anyways, to the point..

Im putting down a payment for a order on an E63 AMG within the next 2 days, but im still largely undecided about the interior color.

In terms of car options, its got most options on it. The exceptions (which I find uneccesary for me) is distronic, TV, carbon interior, ceramic brakes, ventilated seats etc.

Exterior color I am getting is Calcite White, mainly because im also planning on getting the Carbon Fibre exterior package, which I find goes very nicely with white.

However, ive got a bit of a dilemma about the interior color. Personally, I really dislike black/gray interiors. The only other AMG upholstery scheme that I would consider is Mocha Brown / Almond Beige. However, I am worried because its quite a light color (the almond beige) and would probably get dirty quickly, and also worried that it might look a bit dull in the long run.

Heres an example of Mocha Brown / Almond Beige:

The other thing I can do, is get Designo colors. Out of those, the only 2 that interest me are the Mystic Red, and the Maroon. Those both do look fantastic. However, the dealership told me that if I do go for Designo, ONLY the seats would actually be in the selected color. EVERYTHING else will be in black, with stitchings to match the selected color.
If I want a proper 2-tone designo, where the side pillars and roof, and everything below the trim line on the dash are in the selected color, it would cost me another 6k USD and take an extra month to be delivered, which is not worthwhile for me.

Now, ive been tryin to search online for an picture example of a "Mystic Red / Black with red stitchings" or a "Maroon / Black with maroon stitchings" but have found none, and I really dont have much of a clue as to how well or nicely it would look. Id hate to choose such an option and ruin the cars interior, especially that its going to be costing around 140k USD. Does anyone have any info / tips / images that could possibly help? Any input will be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-06-2009, 01:17 PM

M-B GLE, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche Boxster (spouse)
Did you try the M-B Deutschland web site? (http://www.mercedes-benz.de)

I'd suspect you'd find some pics there. Use Google's German --> English translator (http://translate.google.com) if you can't read enough German to figure it out.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:03 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
I like Black interiors, and am not a fan of Tan.

IMO you see a lot more White cars with beige interiors, so getting black would make it a tiny bit more "special" IMO. That Red/Maroon seat/stitching thing sounds cool to me, as it's fitting for an AMG model.

My overall favorite M-B interior combo is the white headliner/A-Pillars, etc. and black everywhere else. I'm not big on the non 2-tone, all black interiors they're doing nowadays though.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:09 PM

E63 AMG 2010
Finalised the order, Maroon + Stitching it is!

Thanks for the info fellas!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:09 AM

2013 G63, 2015 S500, 2016 C63 coupe
I'll add my question to this post.

Black E63 or white E63?

Thinking of getting a march delivery item.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
I'd take white.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:44 PM

E63 AMG 2010
I chose white mainly because u can see the lines and features of if better than black, and also because it needs much less waashing, very relevant in the extremely dusty/sandy environment im living in.

Also, white looks sick with carbon fibre exterior package.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 G63 AMG
anyone have pics of the carbon exterior package? what does it include?
Old 10-09-2009, 08:33 PM

E63 AMG 2010
Im sure ive seen it somewhere but cant remember where atm, must have been the brochure or something.

Anyway, it includes a boot lip, exhaust-surround area in carbon (usually black), side mirrors and front spoiler too. Not sure if theres anything on the side as well but there could be.