E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Extended Factory MBZ warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 09:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prius; 2010 E350 Coupe P2, Appearance Package
Extended Factory MBZ warranty?

Hello everyone; I am new to the forum as you can see. Just bought an E350 coupe, P2, Appearance Package, with Rear-seat airbags and Tele Aid. Arctic White with Almond leather. I was wondering if anyone has thoughts on the factory extended warranty to take it to 7 years/100K miles. Anyone know cost on this? The dealer tried to tell me, hold on now.... $5,160 for this added warranty.
I want to get the warranty because we keep cars for about 6 years and it is a nice selling feature to still have warranty coverage and in the event some electronic component fails. In other cars, cost has been less than half of retail on extended coverage. I know the dealership wants/needs to make a little profit on this, and I am OK with that, but I do not intend for them to make $3,000 or so on that. Any facts would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
Hello and welcome to the club.

Read this, I hope it will help.

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-s-cla...-warrenty.html

Good luck.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550 Iridium Silver ; black int; burl walnut; rear & roof spoilers
extended warranty

up here in Vancouver i paid $3500 Cdn plus tax ... also got a 5 year tire/rim warranty which will result in new ones if they cant repair any damage ....that came as part of the diamond kote interior/exterior protection package which all cost $1300 .....i figured if am paying this much for the car there's no reason to now skimp on these things .....
Old 11-04-2009, 08:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prius; 2010 E350 Coupe P2, Appearance Package
I appreciate the responses. For me it is not a matter of skimping, I just do not want to be taken advantage of. The dealer also pitched their rim car package. I was hoping to find some factual information re the costs of the 7y/100K mile MBZ warranty and perhaps the wheel package too.

The E350 is my wife's daily driver. I have a Prius. I just know the dealership on the Prius wanted $2,400 for the 7y/100K on the Prius and I ended up buying it for $995. I do not begrudge anyone a profit, but that seemed steep to me. I suspect the same is the case with the MBZ warranty. The Finance Mgr. also tried to pressure me that if I didn't buy that warranty today, it would go up 15% after that. His pitch did not work.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
Originally Posted by Cairo94507
I appreciate the responses. For me it is not a matter of skimping, I just do not want to be taken advantage of. The dealer also pitched their rim car package. I was hoping to find some factual information re the costs of the 7y/100K mile MBZ warranty and perhaps the wheel package too.

The E350 is my wife's daily driver. I have a Prius. I just know the dealership on the Prius wanted $2,400 for the 7y/100K on the Prius and I ended up buying it for $995. I do not begrudge anyone a profit, but that seemed steep to me. I suspect the same is the case with the MBZ warranty. The Finance Mgr. also tried to pressure me that if I didn't buy that warranty today, it would go up 15% after that. His pitch did not work.

The finance guy at my dealership said if I got the Rim/Tire Protection Package (or whatever) then if ANYTHING happens to the rim or tire, then MB will take care of it 100%... no questions asked!

I spoke to another guy at another dealership whom I didn't buy from, and he said that the guy was lying and it would ONLY cover the tire if the tire could NOT hold air, and if its tread is still within a certain %. It would cover the rim ONLY if the damage was non-superficial (ie: substantial) but if the damage was caused by potholes, reckless driving, or scraping the rim on the curb, then the protection package would NOT cover that rim.

So basically, the tire protection is pretty much the same as any tire repair warranty from America's Tire/Discount Tire/Costco/etc (except those places don't have any tread % requirement for coverage that I know of... only that if the tire needs to be replaced and the tread is too low, they could prorate your coverage).

The rim protection is pretty much USELESS since I (and probably 99% of all other people) was planning to use this coverage for when my rim gets bent by potholes, or curbed. In fact, I bet 99% of all damage to a rim comes either from potholes or curbs!
Old 11-04-2009, 08:26 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
O/T, but is that "Diamond Kote" thing that paint protection the Dealer offers for like $1,500, which says it protects from tree-sap, bird poop, etc.?

I passed on it, seemed like major BS, I don't see how any paint protection can last the life of the car (if that is supposed to be the case), and why a good and current wax job won't protect from the same things.