E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Comand switches from the CallerID to "Unknown" after connection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550 Sedan; Sold 2000 S500
Comand switches from the CallerID to "Unknown" after connection

I put the following on the Audio & Electronics group and didn't get a response. Are any of you seeing this behavior w/ your W212 i/f w/ a bluetooth phone? The dealership says it's a problem w/ my phone and not the car.
-----
My bluetooth phone (HTC Ozone) pairs fine w/ the Comand system and I've transferred my address book from the phone successfully. My problem is when either I receive or place a call the screen will show the CallerID or Address Book entry perfectly until the call is connected. After it connects the call the screen(s) will say "Unknown". Does anyone know what is going on and if there is a solution to this?
Thanks!
Old 11-20-2009, 02:33 AM
ipp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W166 ML350 BT
Originally Posted by Philco
I put the following on the Audio & Electronics group and didn't get a response. Are any of you seeing this behavior w/ your W212 i/f w/ a bluetooth phone? The dealership says it's a problem w/ my phone and not the car.
-----
My bluetooth phone (HTC Ozone) pairs fine w/ the Comand system and I've transferred my address book from the phone successfully. My problem is when either I receive or place a call the screen will show the CallerID or Address Book entry perfectly until the call is connected. After it connects the call the screen(s) will say "Unknown". Does anyone know what is going on and if there is a solution to this?
Thanks!
I had a HTC windows phone a couple of years ago, and it didn't either sync addresses or showed calledId:s with my BMW. I think it's Windows Mobile only supporting audio over bluetooth.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350
The problem I get is that Comand will display the incoming call as unknown when my phone displays it fine. My entire contact list was uploaded into Comand. It happens about 25% of the time. I can receive a call from the same person 5 minutes later and Comand would display it fine. Dunno what's the issue.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 215 Posts
S560
I'm seeing the same thing as pac, sometimes it works other times it does not...