E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

2010 Mercedes Benz E-Class Review article

Old 06-23-2009, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes Benz E-Class Review article

Hey guys,

There's a new E-Class. How do you like it? Is it a little like a sports video game that comes out every year as something "new", but offers only a few actual changes and a simple roster upgrade? Were you hoping for a little more than a new "cover"?

The bigger news came from the E-Class coupe which is totally new and replaced the CLK, but could the new E-Class sedan have used a little more work and advancement? How do you feel about it? Is the styling change all you really wanted? Was it a good change or a bad one?

If you missed the article, you can find it here: https://mbworld.org/2010_e-class_cou...g_features.php

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2009, 01:50 AM

2003 E240
I want one badly. Why does everyone think this is ugly? I think it is very traditional and classic MB.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:16 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
I wrote my review after driving it here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...review-me.html

Overall, I'm not a fan of the look and think that aspect is a relative downgrade from the W211 personally, however it drives great and is engineered as good as it can be. Overall, after weighing the pluses and minuses, I don't think it's got enough going for it that I like to push me to want to trade into it from what I have now.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sls, e63
new 212

few opinions from the new e-sedan:
quieter than my s-class

very agile, though steering needs more weight

excellent build quality- where do all these remarks about cheapness come from? have you never noticed the plastic in porsches (hence the nameP cars) or the current bmw's and audi's, both of which are similar in build quality to mb, though audi is tops on interior design.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:58 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by russjr
few opinions from the new e-sedan:
quieter than my s-class

very agile, though steering needs more weight

excellent build quality- where do all these remarks about cheapness come from? have you never noticed the plastic in porsches (hence the nameP cars) or the current bmw's and audi's, both of which are similar in build quality to mb, though audi is tops on interior design.
Really, it's quieter? I thought it was pretty damn quiet, but not all that much more, if more at all, quieter than my car.... I guess when M-B's get to such a high level of quietness, it's hard to tell the difference between them all.

The interior is definitely not cheap as in flimsy or anything, it is more durable and I think more "tank-like" than the W211's, what I've pointed out is the use of some materials are "harder" and more durable instead of the W211's more elegant and soft approach. Some materials I think are a step down in refinement/fanciness, but a step up in strength and toughness. I personally prefer the former and am certain a lot of the materials used in the W211 are of a more expensive breed, while I'm sure the W212 has some areas that can say the same as well. All in all though, M-B has been cost-cutting the finer details and smaller "attention to detail" areas they used to be known to never scrimp out on a lot in the recent years. I think a lot of people don't notice these things, but I can point out quite a few that occur with each generation, face-lift, etc.

Last edited by K-A; 06-29-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C350 Elegance
My, was I hot to see and get the new E. Now, I'll stick to my w204 C350 ELE for a little longer. I'd rather spend some bucks in a couple of gadgets, like a rear view camera, a radar detector, and if things get uglier in Argentina maybe some extra armor, some electronics and more maneuverability.

I'm rather disappointed, but I also understand that the flow is downhill, like in a waste water line, and companies are running scared adjusting accordingly.

Cheers, JV
Old 07-07-2009, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
These ******* cars are quiet, damn. Usually, I don't hear sirens and such. My old S420 and our 02 CL, wow, you can't hear a thing outside. Just beautiful.

Quieter than the S class??? Huh, the S and CL have the vacuum doors to keep more noise out. And it keeps the smell of the leather really nicely. If yours is an AMG maybe that's why.

About aerodynamics, I've heard that even the previous was the best in it's class for drag coefficient. One of my friends when I got the car said this and he was very impressed with it.

Last edited by gaazmon; 07-07-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:18 AM

2006 E350
I don't mind the new look...

...but I'll keep my 211. At least until a low mileage one of these comes off lease. I'm sure it will have grown on me by then.