E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

New MB owner - Loving it!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350
New MB owner - Loving it!

I just wanted to introduce myself to the board. The day after Thanksgiving, I bought my first MB. A 2010 E350, Steel Grey, Premium 2 pkg and Wheel Pkg.

I wasn't going to buy it then, but they made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

I'm still learning new things about the car (e.g., just figured out how to pop out the Keyless Go button after weeks of trying).

It is an amazing piece of technology.

Best
Rich
Old 12-14-2009, 07:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
Welcome to the club...
Good luck.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 AMG, CLK550
Welcome!
Old 12-14-2009, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Congrats!

What did you come out of, what do you think of the E?

Let's hear a review!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:23 PM
DHI

'10 ML550, 996 G T 3
Steel gray...pictures please !!

Congratulations!
Old 12-16-2009, 02:50 AM

2010 E350
I came out of a 2003 Black Infiniti G35.

I'm still enjoying the honeymoon period with the E350. first, the car seems a lot more substantial. I thought the G35 felt pretty good compared to other Japanese cars, but now having driven the E350 for about 3 weeks, it's not really a fair comparison.

The G35 did have a bit more pep, but the E350 is definitely more solid and the suspension seems more comfortable. I have the Premium 2 package, and the LED daytime running lights are kind of cool if you like the Audi lights, but what I really enjoy is the Keyless Go option.

I really like being able to walk up to the car with the keys in my pocket and just open the door, or to just press the handle to lock the door without ever having to fiddle with the keys. Very cool.

I got the Ash interior. At first, I wanted the black interior because I know my kids and how dirty the last car interior got. Unfortunately, they only had it in Ash. It's kind of growing on me. I like the two-tone interior colors. Thank goodness the floors and bottom parts are all black carpet and it makes a nice contrast to the Ash "pleather" parts. Hopefully, the MB-Tex will be fairly easy to maintain and keep clean.

It's taken a bit of getting used to, but I finally get the hang of the COMMAND system and am getting a lot of use of the standard IPOD connector in the glovebox.

BTW, the interior lighting while you are driving at night is a very nice touch, not overdone and adds to the elegance of the vehicle.

Some of the controls are a bit hidden. I was almost out of gas, I was amazed that I couldn't tell how many miles were left before I ran out of gas. By dumb luck and just playing around, I subsequently found the control for that which also tells you how long you've been driving and your average mph.

there are some things that I'm still getting used to. Like for example, the left and right turn signal controller is a bit low on the left side, and I still have to think about it when I'm signaling, and I have no idea why we would need so many ash trays in the car. Frankly, I would love a removable option to add some other storage space there, like a coin compartment etc.

All in all, I'm still in love with the vehicle. Can you tell?

I recently found the storage space on the bottom front of the front seats. What do you all store in there any way? Right now, I've got a bag of lifesavers for the long stretches in the car when I need a bit of a sugar rush.

Thanks for reading this far,
Rich
Old 12-16-2009, 10:06 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Congratulations on your new car and your first MB. Great to hear your experience is so far a good one. Having the P2 package is very nice with Keyless GO. It is one of those things which is hard to live without once you have had it. I really like the color combo as the ash interior for the sport sedan is very well done with the contrasting black. As for the MB Tex, I think you will find it wears very well and is easy to clean. I think you will find there are a lot of well thought out details in the car which make it very nice to drive. The double sun visors for example with the main visor which is extendable and perfect for keeping the early morning sun at bay. Just used this on the way to work today and was certainly glad I had it. Best of Luck
Old 12-17-2009, 07:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 Sport 4Matic - P2 & Drivers Assist / 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic - P2 / 2013 Porsche Cayenne S
Welcome to the "family" and congrats on the car, she sounds like she's a beaut. Post some pictures whenever you get a chance. And as an extra little thing that you wouldn't know without reading the manual; if you turn the car off and leave the turn signal in the down position the left front and rear lights will stay on. If you leave the turn signal in the up position the right front and rear lights will stay on. These are parking lights that you'll use maybe once or twice Browse around the board you'll find tons more of these little hidden gems.