E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Satelite Radio - Acquiring Signal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E-350 4Matic
Satelite Radio - Acquiring Signal

I have a 2008 E350 4Matic with Sirius Satelite Radio and a Navigation System. I understand that there will be some dead spots and your reception can be lost. My problem is thaton certain satelite channels reception is randomly lost. I can drive 10 miles and my signal will be lost six to eight times with that 10 miles. The audio stops and the display states acquiring signal. Total time of lost audio is about 8 seconds. I can then drive the same 10 miles an hour later and the signal will not be lost. I can drive any of the other three cars in the household the same 10 mile route and listen top the same satelite radio station without a loss of signal. What confuses me is that the failure is predominant on certain stations, but the reception of those same stations in the other family vehicles is fine. Very frustrating in that the two stations that fail the most are my favorites. The dealer has updated the software for the satelite radio. I learned the hard way that you need a software update in order to get Everything Sirius + the best of XM. Has anyone experienced this?
Old 03-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,444 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
Inquiry should have been posted to 211 forum https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211-20/

I understand SIRIUS XM is continually conducting transmission testing causing short audio interruptions/mutes in certain channels around 35 channels may experience this condition. Cause is outdated firmware in the receiver remedied over the air from SIRIUS XM embedded in programming taking place during reception of satellites.

The update you had installed should have been a Telematics update for MY08 & 09 whereby the headunit software is updated with service disc 211589162200 (DTB S-B-82.60/640a) to receive XM programming.

I would contact SIRIUS XM to see if applicable firmware update(s) associated with MB receivers is complete. If so, then I would suggest having your dealer revisit if receiver installed at production is part 2118703389 it is replaced by 2118706790 that may resolve the malfunction.