E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

E63 look

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Serpent S966
Originally Posted by 220S
Why not just buy an E63 in the first place?
Maybe this is the reason,

Price (before road tax, add 6 more zeros): http://www.autocarprices.com/mercede..._car_price.php
Exchange rate: http://www.klikbca.com/individual/silver/ind/rates.html

Last edited by pwidjaja; 04-05-2010 at 03:56 PM. Reason: typos
Old 04-05-2010, 04:23 PM
ipp

W166 ML350 BT
Originally Posted by pwidjaja
Maybe this is the reason,

Price (before road tax, add 6 more zeros): http://www.autocarprices.com/mercede..._car_price.php
Exchange rate: http://www.klikbca.com/individual/silver/ind/rates.html
Yepp, that's a point. Paying $150.000 for a E350 isn't (e.g.) what most americans are used to do.

But still I wouldn't want to turn my E350 CDI to look like a E63. Would be a little embarrassing to face "the real deal" some day...

Last edited by ipp; 04-05-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
I love and have always loved the styling of AMG.... its agressive yet very tasteful.... Some modders love that look but not necessarily want to spend the money on the engine or not needing the HP..... I do not have an issue with adding body kits... regardless of what brand it is.. AMG, Brabus, Carlisson.. etc..etc.... But once they rebadge it to what it is not, then thats when issues arrive..... other than that, I dont think there should be an issue with adding body kits... Mod in good health!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w204
Hmmm. I never understood why people turn things into looking like something they aren't. Why not just buy an E63 in the first place? Or why not be content with the E550/500 the way it was designed, it's a great car.

I'd feel awkward driving a car that's dressed up to look like another model when it really isn't the real thing. What's the point? To me it's like wearing a watch that I know is fake but looks good and fools people.

Oh well, I guess I just don't get it. But each to their own.

Becoz people get bored and want to look different. would you wear the same shirt , pants and shoes to work exactly like your colleage or friends every single day? it's not like trying to be something that the car is not, but becoz of the look.For me the 63 bodykit is nice,I dont like the wheels so i got it from another brand. everything doesnt have to be exactly like the 63 car, everyone is entitled to their own taste and individuality. and it's not like I'm badging it 63.
And if everyone think like you, AMG,BRABUS, CARLSSON and everyone else in the bussiness might as well close shops.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by INSPIRE
Becoz people get bored and want to look different. would you wear the same shirt , pants and shoes to work exactly like your colleage or friends every single day? it's not like trying to be something that the car is not, but becoz of the look.For me the 63 bodykit is nice,I dont like the wheels so i got it from another brand. everything doesnt have to be exactly like the 63 car, everyone is entitled to their own taste and individuality. and it's not like I'm badging it 63.
And if everyone think like you, AMG,BRABUS, CARLSSON and everyone else in the bussiness might as well close shops.
Yeah, you're right of course, everyone is entitled to their own tastes (including me, too ) btw, the clothes analogy doesn't work. But I do have more than one car, because each is different and I don't like driving the same kind each day.

But to me it's just lipstick. I guess it's why I don't put a turbo tail on a non-turbo Porsche. It might look okay, but it's not a real turbo and it has no real functionality. I'd be making it look like something it isn't. I just like the real thing, I guess. The rest is makeup (I like good looking women without makeup a lot better, too )

And yes, I'd buy performance parts from the tuners, but not the jewelry they sell.

The funny thing is everybody wants to be an individual but they all end up looking the same, buying stuff from the same vendors.

Anyway, it all doesn't matter, because in the end nobody cares what anybody else wears or drives, etc..

Cheers and enjoy.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:55 AM

Audi
Looks great! I am curious on the stance after the lowering and the gap with the 20"s. Please post a profile picture of the car!!
Old 04-25-2010, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
nice job sir! really like the look...

question - how did you get that sweet lighting inside the car? Did you have to replace bulbs or something? If so, what did you use and what was the process...

Very interested to see how you managed - the red/amber lighting looks ridiculous!

Enjoy her
Old 05-01-2010, 09:18 AM

Audi
Inspire, where did you go?
Old 05-01-2010, 07:17 PM

m3
Me likey!
Old 05-05-2010, 09:47 PM

IS 350
Even though I am way past my extreme modding years, I have to say good job!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 940 Likes on 686 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Hmmm. I never understood why people turn things into looking like something they aren't. Why not just buy an E63 in the first place? Or why not be content with the E550/500 the way it was designed, it's a great car.

I'd feel awkward driving a car that's dressed up to look like another model when it really isn't the real thing. What's the point? To me it's like wearing a watch that I know is fake but looks good and fools people.

Oh well, I guess I just don't get it. But each to their own.

I'm not a modder at all and I totally agree with your comment about the E550 about but what if:
a) A person doesn't like the look of the base W212 but really likes the look of the E63 and
b) Doesn't need the power or want the expense of the fuel economy of the E63
c) and doesn't want to spend E63 money to get the E63 look.
d) Like the silent smooth ride of the "lesser" models.

While I'm at it I really don't get the big deal about AMG. They are an aftermarket tuner. They are not Mercedes Benz which is the real deal in the equation. Yeah I know that Mercedes turned over the SLS to AMG because they are good at what they do. It doesn't make it a 300SL.
While there is no denying that a 500E is a great car to me there is still something impure about it because of Porsche's involvement. Said simply I have considered Mercedes Benz the best automobile company in the world. If somebody else is making a Mercedes a better Mercedes then than is a condemnation of Mercedes itself.

And just to be clear I really like the W211 W212 E63's. They both look wicked. Don't have the need for speed anymore and don't want to pay the fuel bills for them and honestly when I have sat in them in the dealers showroom they don't feel like that different of a car than my E350. Now if I drove one and they felt like a more solid integrated car (ie more Mercedes like) than my E350 then just drop a super quiet diesel engine in it and I'll be good to go.

Last edited by MBNUT1; 05-05-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:15 AM

w204
Originally Posted by Az ferrari man
Looks great! I am curious on the stance after the lowering and the gap with the 20"s. Please post a profile picture of the car!!
around 1,5cm gap left.

Originally Posted by WWMIndy
nice job sir! really like the look...

question - how did you get that sweet lighting inside the car? Did you have to replace bulbs or something? If so, what did you use and what was the process...

Very interested to see how you managed - the red/amber lighting looks ridiculous!

Enjoy her
interior lighting is standard here< i didnt change anything

Originally Posted by ASmiledatHurtz
Me likey!
Thanks

Originally Posted by AppleChilli
Even though I am way past my extreme modding years, I have to say good job!
Thank you sir, glad someone appreciate the job.

Originally Posted by MBNUT1
I'm not a modder at all and I totally agree with your comment about the E550 about but what if:
a) A person doesn't like the look of the base W212 but really likes the look of the E63 and
b) Doesn't need the power or want the expense of the fuel economy of the E63
c) and doesn't want to spend E63 money to get the E63 look.
d) Like the silent smooth ride of the "lesser" models.

While I'm at it I really don't get the big deal about AMG. They are an aftermarket tuner. They are not Mercedes Benz which is the real deal in the equation. Yeah I know that Mercedes turned over the SLS to AMG because they are good at what they do. It doesn't make it a 300SL.
While there is no denying that a 500E is a great car to me there is still something impure about it because of Porsche's involvement. Said simply I have considered Mercedes Benz the best automobile company in the world. If somebody else is making a Mercedes a better Mercedes then than is a condemnation of Mercedes itself.

And just to be clear I really like the W211 W212 E63's. They both look wicked. Don't have the need for speed anymore and don't want to pay the fuel bills for them and honestly when I have sat in them in the dealers showroom they don't feel like that different of a car than my E350. Now if I drove one and they felt like a more solid integrated car (ie more Mercedes like) than my E350 then just drop a super quiet diesel engine in it and I'll be good to go.
Word.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Current: 2011 W212 Previous: 2008 W211 2006 550 2001 Rover 1997 W210
$$$

How much did the conversion set u back?
Old 05-14-2010, 09:08 PM

2008 Mercedes R350 2WD
looks beautiful
Old 10-12-2010, 04:54 AM

GL500, S500
Originally Posted by INSPIRE
you have to replace the whole bumper. there is no way you can change the led unless you swap the bumper.
Love the whole conversion... Looks real nice!! My question is how much did it cost all together and could you give me the parts and its prices if possible? Where did you get the parts from?

Thanks alot!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 03:54 AM

E 300, S350
Hi

Hi, may i know how much did you spend for converting your stock E class to the modified one? because i'm planning to do the AMG styling too for my E class in Indonesia

Thanks