E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Minor niggles with new E350 T

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350
Minor niggles with new E350 T

I had the pleasure of driving a family members' new E350 T for for a few days last week.

Noticed the following and was wondering if others have too:
-After I reinsert the dipstick, it slightly pops out after driving.
-There is a slight noise coming from the back; sounds like a pump alternating on-and-off at 1 second intervals. Barely audible whilst driving, but not great whilst in traffic.
-Air adjustable 'pockets' in seats will sometimes (happened twice in 5 days) deflate completely. Only after car is stopped, and restarted do they work again.
-Sometimes the bootlid doesn't close (it beeps just as it's about to close, and then opens again), a nudge just before it closes fixes the issue (happened twice).
-Trim-piece on passenger side (above glove-box) rattles slightly.

Other than that it's a phenomenal car; nice sounding engine, great handling (very pleasantly surprised), and ridiculously good-looking.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:18 PM
ipp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W166 ML350 BT
Originally Posted by S212E350
I had the pleasure of driving a family members' new E350 T for for a few days last week.

Noticed the following and was wondering if others have too:
-After I reinsert the dipstick, it slightly pops out after driving.
-There is a slight noise coming from the back; sounds like a pump alternating on-and-off at 1 second intervals. Barely audible whilst driving, but not great whilst in traffic.
-Air adjustable 'pockets' in seats will sometimes (happened twice in 5 days) deflate completely. Only after car is stopped, and restarted do they work again.
-Sometimes the bootlid doesn't close (it beeps just as it's about to close, and then opens again), a nudge just before it closes fixes the issue (happened twice).
-Trim-piece on passenger side (above glove-box) rattles slightly.

Other than that it's a phenomenal car; nice sounding engine, great handling (very pleasantly surprised), and ridiculously good-looking.
The pump sound from the back might be the pump for the air suspension, I've noticed a few times as-well.

If you have a rubber mat in the trunk it's probably the reason for why the botlid doesn't always close. Just make sure that the mat is pushed all the way in before you close the lid. I've once also been out for the trunk wasn't able to close due to very hard wind.

The other stuff should be warranty issues I think.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
As you admit this is not even your car so why get involved. Just let the owner take care of these issues if in fact they are truely issues.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E550 4-Matic Sport, Iridium Silver over Black, P2, Pano, Multicontour, PDC
WTF?
Sorry for the dis but, this is a stupid post.
Dude, it's not YOUR car.
You have no cred.
"...the dipstick slightly pops out after driving."
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?