E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

E-350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E-350 Coupe
Talking E-350

I just purchased a 2010 E-350 coupe. This is with the AMG trim 18 inch wheels. As these are RWD, I want to get a set of Winter tires for this baby. Does anyone know of a good deal anywhere on a set of Winter tires? Should I buy the wheels with it as I don't want the factory wheels get damaged/scratched? Does anyone know if the flat tire sensor will work with any wheel?

All suggestions are welcome and thanks!
Old 05-21-2010, 05:42 PM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
'71 280SL /'19 AMG GTR /'24 S63 E Edition 1 /'24 Range Rover SV LWB /'20 Toyota Sien
Winter Tires? I haven't seen those in ages. I believe everyone now uses All Season tires, but then again I dont know about way up north.

Regards,

B.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 GL450
Originally Posted by Bossanov
Winter Tires? I haven't seen those in ages. I believe everyone now uses All Season tires, but then again I dont know about way up north.

Regards,

B.
Hah! I also live in Potomac, MD, where all-season tires are practically a must. 35 degrees one day, 85 degrees the next (exaggerating, but only a little). But I used to live in Boston, and the difference between all-season and dedicated winter tires is tremendous. The all-season were like hockey pucks; the winter tires were sticky on ice and snow. Of course, the winter tires were spongy above 45 degrees or so. (Of course, this is all F, not C.)

Back to the OP question, when I had winter tires, I put them on their own wheels. Not so much for the cosmetics but more for the convenience. It is quite easy to change out the winter tires/wheels at home, whereas (for me) it was far less convenient to run the tires to someplace to have them re-rimmed. The inconvenience was having a separates set of wheels/tires in the garage. I do know a guy who hung them from the ceiling in his garage to get them out the way.