E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

E350 for a first car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
So much jealousy every time a 16-18 year old comes to forums asking about what expensive car he should get (or his parents should get for him). If my parents were rich (or I was lucky to have money for a nice car) when I was 16, I would have a decent first car myself and so would everybody on this forum. Not all of us were so lucky and had to work hard to get there, so what. There are 16 year olds out there who have Ferraris and Bentleys...good for them.

As far as cars I would consider if I was 16 with cash:
Used Cayman
Slightly used S2000
Z370 - not a fan of styling tho

On more practical side:
New Golf GTI
MazdaSpeed 3 (I like previous model better, so would get used)
Civic SI Sedan
G37 Coupe/Sedan - these are super cheap to lease nowdays.

3 series and C-Class is like a Camry in my are so I would prolly skip those, but both are nice cars.

There are so many good cars out there nowdays.

Just keep in mind, that there are tons of other good ways to spend money, and fast cars are cop magnets.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Originally Posted by amaycg
No offense, but if you guys drive less expensive vehicles than an E class, it makes sense that you would be jealous... so please don't comment. Can we just let the kid do what he wants to and stop commenting? He was simply asking why to buy the E class, not whether or not he should do it at HIS age.

No offense, but I didn't see your post on the topic of this thread. So please don't comment, unless you have suggestions yourself.