E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Blacked out grill installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 01:15 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
S550
Originally Posted by petee1997
At the risk of showing my age, what is the purpose of all these mods on a E350? I have no idea how old you are but wouln't you be better off with a C63 or a Corvette or even a used 911. All those cars are in the same snack bracket and better suited for mods. I just don't understand doing all this stuff to a grocery getter car. The end result is you will own a car that looks like an 18 year old's Honda.

PS Don't forget the Heinz tomato juice cans for the dual exhaust!!!
To each their own. Personally, I think this looks sweet, you've done a very nice job. I'd de-badge it of the "E350" and black out the exhaust tips. Have you thought about popping off that hood badge and just going with a matte-black spray can finish (with no clear coat)? That would look sick.

This is what the young'ns are into these days Pete! Until he throws a wing and a cherry bomb exhaust on, it's a bit much to say he looks like an 18 year old with a modded Honda imo.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:59 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
E-Classes have always been cars that take to tasteful mods very well.

Fact is (well, IMO for that matter), every generation of the E-Class has always been at the top of design for its time, arguably the best of any Benz generation (while they're all running, i.e: 202/210/140, 203/211/220, etc. etc.), and if they weren't everywhere (i.e if they were rare sights), they'd be worthy of being as "elite" of status and perception as they want to be, stylistically speaking.

E's never look good modded out of control IMO (well, if it's very tasteful, then it could be), but subtle mods that make your E just "pop" a bit more than the persons parked next to you, go long ways in enhancing it to being as nice as it wants to be, and just ahead of the "pack", per-se.

That's my .02.

Then again, I don't feel a car needs to be a performance car, or marketed to a young group, to be worthy of stylistic enhancements/modifications. I judge a design on its own. Putting a fart-can on an E350, or spending $2K to get the computer remapped, however, is a whooole different story and argument..