E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

I want the chrome grill with black mesh!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 12:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black W212 E550
I want the chrome grill with black mesh!

This was highlighted in another thread (I believe by kingofire) but thought I would start a separate one in an attempt to reach a broader audience. Has anyone found a grill with full chrome slats and black mesh? I've read in one of our threads and emailed the ebay seller and have only heard the answer is no, additional the seller says the chrome grill can't be dissembled (as mentioned in the original thread). If taking it apart is so difficult, even if I brought it to a shop it could be a challenge, any suggestions and anyone solved this?

FTB

Chrome Slats, Chrome background

Half black slats and black mesh

Last edited by fromthebeginnin; 10-13-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes-Benz E350 4matic
FTB, I just ordered the "all" chrome grille. The place that is going to install my fatmat(sound proofing) is adjacent to a auto body repair shop and they said they will paint the grille for me. Basically they will use the blue painters tape to cover up the entire grille and then will spray paint the grille same black that the underbody grille is.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:42 PM

Black W212 E550
Originally Posted by kingofire
FTB, I just ordered the "all" chrome grille. The place that is going to install my fatmat(sound proofing) is adjacent to a auto body repair shop and they said they will paint the grille for me. Basically they will use the blue painters tape to cover up the entire grille and then will spray paint the grille same black that the underbody grille is.
I'll pm you for some info.

Thanks
Old 10-13-2010, 07:48 PM

'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Simple enough...that's a good solution. Please post pics when done.

I was at my dealer the other day and a salesman tracked me down after I pulled into the service dept. and asked about my grill...where I got it...etc...said he thought it "looked great" on the sedan!!! He was amazed at the inexpensive price we all paid.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by BPhillyBenz
Simple enough...that's a good solution. Please post pics when done.

I was at my dealer the other day and a salesman tracked me down after I pulled into the service dept. and asked about my grill...where I got it...etc...said he thought it "looked great" on the sedan!!! He was amazed at the inexpensive price we all paid.
Indeed, it is inexpensive especially when you consider that all MB after market prices are ridiculous. To give you an example, I was interested in the wood steering wheel that comes standard with the luxury package and they wanted over $1000 . I think I will just stick with my sport steering wheel!

I'll try to post pictures after the grill is painted before it is mounted and an after it is mounted shot. It will make me learn how to post pics on the internet. Yes I know......
Old 10-13-2010, 09:14 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,418 Likes on 2,857 Posts
2012 CLS63
yeah

Indeed, it is inexpensive especially when you consider that all MB after market prices are ridiculous. To give you an example, I was interested in the wood steering wheel that comes standard with the luxury package and they wanted over $1000 . I think I will just stick with my sport steering wheel!

I'll try to post pictures after the grill is painted before it is mounted and an after it is mounted shot. It will make me learn how to post pics on the internet. Yes I know......
I was thinking about that too, but I think the lux wheel is three spoke too isn't it? guess it would be leather though....
anyone know of any all mesh grills?? No bars.....kind of like jag R types......that would be sweet too, and no one has one of those that I've seen......
Old 10-13-2010, 10:31 PM

Black W212 E550
Originally Posted by hyperion667
I was thinking about that too, but I think the lux wheel is three spoke too isn't it? guess it would be leather though....
anyone know of any all mesh grills?? No bars.....kind of like jag R types......that would be sweet too, and no one has one of those that I've seen......
I think this company has few options

http://www.carid.com/billet-grilles....FRRqgwodElIJLA
Old 10-13-2010, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by hyperion667
Yes the lux wheel is three spokes unlike the amg wheel wheel that is just one spoke in the "6" position. After looking at both I do prefer the sports version and it helps that I didn't have to fork over another grand for it.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:48 PM

'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Yes the lux wheel is three spokes unlike the amg wheel wheel that is just one spoke in the "6" position. After looking at both I do prefer the sports version and it helps that I didn't have to fork over another grand for it.
I was originally set on the wood wheel. I ended up with the Sports wheel and love it. Real nice feel to it and the design is... well..."sportier".
Old 10-14-2010, 02:52 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,418 Likes on 2,857 Posts
2012 CLS63
I'm guessing the wheel would be gripy-er? if that wasn't a word......it is now....