E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Salesman Messed Up .. Won't be getting my E350 tomorrow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 03:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2023 GLE 450 4Matic; Past: 2019 GLS 450; 2011 E550; 2007 E63; 2003 E500; 1999 E430
Salesman Messed Up .. Won't be getting my E350 tomorrow

Well what can I say. I am currently in a lease with U.S. Bank for a 2007 E63. I have 5 payments left. I was told of the lease pull ahead program that will allow me to get out of this lease and into another Mercedes Benz. I was to pick up a 2011 E350 4Matic Sport w/ P1 tomorrow. I was buying the car. Well I just got a call from the salesman stating that the lease pull ahead was for leases through MB Financial only!!!!! Holy Crap!!!!

Anyway I have 48,000 miles with some maintenance coming due. So now if I am stuck in this lease for another 5 months I will go over on the mileage on my current car and possibly exceed 50,000 miles, so there goes the warranty!!!!

The only upside to this is that my heart was really set on an E550, but due to lack of employment I decided to downsize, so I was a little apprehensive about getting an E350. Mind you the extra 8K or so for the E550 is easily affordable, just a little unjustified when I am living on interest income only.

I will see what the general manager has to say. The dealership has worked with me in the past on issues where at times they have extended me a month or two lease payment in cash.

Maybe I'll be getting that E550 (w/P2 mind you) in the spring after all.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E350 4matic
Originally Posted by baldrad
Anyway I have 48,000 miles with some maintenance coming due. So now if I am stuck in this lease for another 5 months I will go over on the mileage on my current car and possibly exceed 50,000 miles, so there goes the warranty!!!!
Wow! What a horror show! Do you have a purchase and sales agreement that describes the terms? I'm not a lawyer but I'd be curious as to whether that was binding.

As far as the lease is concerned you can always find out what the buy out is and then have the car appraised to see how much difference there is. The dealer should help you out with this. Then you can decide whether it would be worth paying the difference (if any) and doing the deal now vs. paying the maintenance and then the overage charges.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Of course its only with MB Financial. Its been that way for many years whenever this type of a program comes out. How could you think that your current leasing company would do anything like thia as they have no vested interest with MB.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2023 GLE 450 4Matic; Past: 2019 GLS 450; 2011 E550; 2007 E63; 2003 E500; 1999 E430
Well the salesman was very convincing (he really should have known better). Normally I am up on these things, but I took his word. The new E350 would be my 4th car using this salesman. I was so busy with other things (lots of family issues with elder relatives) that I really had no time to focus on this. My main concern was whether or not the pull forward applied to AMG vehicles, not with MB Financial. Anyway, I really was not screwed so to say. It is what it is. Even if there was no pull forward I would still have the same usage of my current automobile. I did not position myself to rely on the fact that I would be exiting my lease early.

That being said, my salesman just called me and advised me to make my next lease payment which is due on the 13th. He will work with the general manager to see if something could be done. It is possible that they (the dealership) will pay the balance of the lease and reimburse me the payment I am about to make. It is not definite however and I am prepared to keep my lease to term. The dealer will honor any post warranty charges. Over the last 4 years I have been cut checks totaling more than $4000 for cases in which the dealer did not satisfactorily remedy a problem in a reasonable amount of time. Mind you between this car lease and the one before this one there was a one month gap where I was without an automobile. The dealer gave me an E350 and an ML350 for my personal use for that month.

I will pull the trigger on an E550 if I have to wait.

Such is life.

Last edited by JP465NY; 11-09-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E550 Sport
I have traded in two cars on lease well before the lease was ended. It is no different than trading in a car that is financed. The dealer gives you a trade in price for your car. If it is higher than the purchase price of the car from the leasing company, the difference goes to your credit on the trade. If it is less, i.e., you are "upside down" then you pay the difference. The dealer takes your car and purchases it from the leasing company. It does not matter who the leasing company is, MB Financial or someone else. Nothing for you to do beyond any other trade in. Of course, you can pay off the lease and return the car to the leasing company, but that probably will be a more expensive option. Good luck.