E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Sprint Booster

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Originally Posted by EmE247
I too am very interested in a response to this.

I definitely don't want to have a Toyota moment with my MB cuz of SB.
The product has been out for a long time on many other vehicles. I dont want to dimenish your concern by any means, but I think we would have heard of some horror stories by now. I researched the product pretty extensivley in other car forums...and have never heard a negative story regarding failure. Fingers crossed...not trying to jinx anything. Enjoy...
Old 03-02-2011, 05:13 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Good point FTB. That's what I experienced. The ECU is very laggy when this thing adapts to mellow driving. I'd even say dangerous.

However, even more laggy, and/or dangerous, is how SLOW the car shifts from R to D (or vice versa) when you need to do a quick pull-out-then-go, or 3-point turn. It literally takes like 3 seconds before it clicks into gear. If you mash the gas during this process, the car will jolt at too hard a speed, and it seems like that could hurt the tranny as well.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:21 PM

E350 Coupe

I have had one installed on my Infiniti G35 coupe for 4 yrs and thousands of miles without a single problem. I have the 1st generation which is on constantly. For K-A yes your gas mileage will drop because it's just too much fun to put your foot into it.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C-Class

EmE247, Sprint Booster takes Safety very seriously. Its one of the things that we pride ourselves on. This is why we went above and beyond for our product testing and achieved TUV cetification. TUV is likely the highest standard in the world.

TÜV SÜD America partners with leading manufacturers such as Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Volkswagen and others in numerous areas related to safety, internal manufacturing process and product quality, codes and standards development, alternative fuels R&D, management systems certification (ISO/TS 16949, ISO 9001, and ISO 14001) and more. We perform research, testing and certification for nearly every part of a vehicle imaginable, from tires to electronics to glass, plastics, fabrics and engines. As the world's largest independent provider of EMC testing, we play a vital role in safety for automotive electronics.

The combined services offered by TÜV SÜD Automotive, TÜV SÜD Management Service and TÜV SÜD Product Service come together to provide an unsurpassed array of support services to the Automotive Industry, ensuring our clients' products are effectively manufactured, safe, reliable, and competitive in the global market place.

http://tuvamerica.com/industry/automotive.cfm

Sprint Booster is a product that you can have confidence in. No one understands throttle control systems like we do. This is why we patented the technology for throttle enhancement.

So you really do not have anything to worry about. Even the Toyota pedal issue was found never to be an issue of electronics in the first place. We sell Sprint Boosters for all makes and models including Toyota and Lexus and have never had a problem our product. For those owners it was the number one question.

NASA engineers found no electronic flaws in Toyota vehicles capable of producing the large throttle openings required to create dangerous high-speed unintended acceleration incidents. The two mechanical safety defects identified by NHTSA more than a year ago – “sticking” accelerator pedals and a design flaw that enabled accelerator pedals to become trapped by floor mats – remain the only known causes for these kinds of unsafe unintended acceleration incidents. Toyota has recalled nearly 8 million vehicles in the United States for these two defects.

The full government report is here. http://www.dot.gov/affairs/2011/dot1611.html
Old 03-02-2011, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 373 Likes on 325 Posts
Only MBs - the best or nothing
Thanks for clarification.

Can you, please, take a look at the following link: http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/c-131-at.aspx.

I need to know if it fits 2009 E class (last model year of W211, actually built in '08). The info is confusing: first it seems to say that it does, then it excludes 09 + Es (or does it mean W212 Es with build date of '09 and beyond?).

I would like to put it in W211 first, as it needs it much more IMO than W212.

Thanks.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Current: 2011 W212 Previous: 2008 W211 2006 550 2001 Rover 1997 W210
Originally Posted by SprintBooster
EmE247, Sprint Booster takes Safety very seriously. Its one of the things that we pride ourselves on. This is why we went above and beyond for our product testing and achieved TUV cetification. TUV is likely the highest standard in the world.

TÜV SÜD America partners with leading manufacturers such as Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Volkswagen and others in numerous areas related to safety, internal manufacturing process and product quality, codes and standards development, alternative fuels R&D, management systems certification (ISO/TS 16949, ISO 9001, and ISO 14001) and more. We perform research, testing and certification for nearly every part of a vehicle imaginable, from tires to electronics to glass, plastics, fabrics and engines. As the world's largest independent provider of EMC testing, we play a vital role in safety for automotive electronics.

The combined services offered by TÜV SÜD Automotive, TÜV SÜD Management Service and TÜV SÜD Product Service come together to provide an unsurpassed array of support services to the Automotive Industry, ensuring our clients' products are effectively manufactured, safe, reliable, and competitive in the global market place.

http://tuvamerica.com/industry/automotive.cfm

Sprint Booster is a product that you can have confidence in. No one understands throttle control systems like we do. This is why we patented the technology for throttle enhancement.

So you really do not have anything to worry about. Even the Toyota pedal issue was found never to be an issue of electronics in the first place. We sell Sprint Boosters for all makes and models including Toyota and Lexus and have never had a problem our product. For those owners it was the number one question.

NASA engineers found no electronic flaws in Toyota vehicles capable of producing the large throttle openings required to create dangerous high-speed unintended acceleration incidents. The two mechanical safety defects identified by NHTSA more than a year ago – “sticking” accelerator pedals and a design flaw that enabled accelerator pedals to become trapped by floor mats – remain the only known causes for these kinds of unsafe unintended acceleration incidents. Toyota has recalled nearly 8 million vehicles in the United States for these two defects.

The full government report is here. http://www.dot.gov/affairs/2011/dot1611.html
Thanks for the reply.

My sincerest of apologies for asking publicly in the forums but it seemed others had the same question. Referring your product w/ Toyota's misfortune was my bad...
Old 03-03-2011, 10:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'11 E350 4MATIC
My New E550...

I got new E550 last night...but I think MB accidently put number 3 instead of 5...hope this kind of Quality stupidity is covered by warranty .

So, I am one of the Groupbuy customer. Received the goodie last week and finally, I was able to install the SB last night. No carpet cutting. Installation was quick and easy. Got the chance to clean my carpet too.

Right away I test drove this new toy in my E350...I've been driving this car for 6 months, 10K miles with no SB and I thought this car is fast already. I Started with the green option and... Oooooo Maaaaaaaaannnn....THIS Baby is ALIVE.... and with the red option...Oooh Yeaaaa .. “I believe I can fly”.. (And keep singin), super acceleration. I am driving a new beast.... And, it come with "Sound booster" too.... I can hear the engine reved and the car feels soo much lighter. I will keep in green for normal driving though!

I amaze on how this SB makes a big difference in acceleration. It somehow automatically find the right gear and optimum engine's rpm and power. The dead region (Grandma region) is completely gone. With no light ON, yes... the car feels very sluggish...

When start tapping the gas pedal lightly, you can be sure that the engine power is right there. It's like driving a manual transmission car. You will get that sudden power.. I really like it.

I live in Michigan... so people are driving their car at 75-80 mph. This morning driving in highway was awesome. Problem now is that I have to get used to read the speedometer more closely. I hit 90 mph very quickly coming out from the ramp. When passing the car at 75mph... a little tap will launch me quickly to 90.. and maan... hearing that engine power sound is very pleasing. Don't get me wrong...I can still drive this car very smoothly.

I HIGHLY recommend this sprint booster product. Very very satisfied.

Last edited by hanjaya1; 03-03-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:02 PM

'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
hanjaya1 -WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 07:28 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

What's up with the engine sound option? How does that work?
Old 03-03-2011, 07:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Current: 2011 W212 Previous: 2008 W211 2006 550 2001 Rover 1997 W210
Anyone know if the SB on off (no light) lags the acceleration more than without SB?
Old 03-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
Anyone know if the SB on off (no light) lags the acceleration more than without SB?
Off is off - same as not installed. There should be no effect whatsoever in this mode.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:20 PM

'11 E350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by K-A
What's up with the engine sound option? How does that work?
K-A...., press the pedal and the engine will sing beautifully. This what I meant by sound booster. This car was pretty quite before... It's very wild now.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:42 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Ah, well the sound doesn't change. You just obviously rev it higher now.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:53 PM
MCF

E350
My posts/questions regarding the matter seem to be 'disappearing'. I am interested in getting the SB, but no one has answered the following question - what happens IF the SB fails? Does the car stall, do you lose all throttle response, does throttle go full open, etc. etc.? I ALREADY KNOW that chances of failure are slim, but ALL electronic devices eventually fail so an answer from SB would be appreciated. I can't believe that such a 'technologically' advanced company such as SB can't install one in a car, get it up to 80mph and then simulate a failure of an installed SB.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
Originally Posted by MCF
My posts/questions regarding the matter seem to be 'disappearing'. I am interested in getting the SB, but no one has answered the following question - what happens IF the SB fails? Does the car stall, do you lose all throttle response, does throttle go full open, etc. etc.? I ALREADY KNOW that chances of failure are slim, but ALL electronic devices eventually fail so an answer from SB would be appreciated. I can't believe that such a 'technologically' advanced company such as SB can't install one in a car, get it up to 80mph and then simulate a failure of an installed SB.
The way it has been explained to me, should the unit fail, one of two things will happen -

1. It will shut off and simply operate as a straight pass-through - same as when the 'off' mode is selected.

2. The malfunction will create an implausible signal, causing the car to go into a limp mode.

Again, this is how it was explained to me. Perhaps Sprint Booster can confirm or elaborate on this.

Ken
Old 03-05-2011, 04:14 PM

RHD C200 Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
3] Will fail closed, and supply zero voltage to the ecu, so no throttle at all. It's not 100% clear to me that no voltage would trigger limp home.

If a single leg of the SB fails, suspect that would immediately trigger limp home.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:04 PM
MCF

E350
It really surprises me that SB won't chime in here. Tells me they have no idea. Well they could always 'Fry' one, then install it and see how the car responds.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 373 Likes on 325 Posts
Only MBs - the best or nothing
They kind of did - see post #229 above - in very general terms without being specific.

Last edited by threeMBs; 03-06-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:03 AM

E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by MCF
It really surprises me that SB won't chime in here. Tells me they have no idea. Well they could always 'Fry' one, then install it and see how the car responds.

MCF I have a suggestion. Do not install a Sprintbooster on your car. We have a thread here with ten pages and 243 posts. Sprintbooster did explain their certification and technology expertise in post #229. They have thousands of their products installed on a number of platforms. Do you know how the product was tested to recieve certification...No. Really with all the apprehension you've shown for this product I don't think the performance gain is worth the peace of mind you will have without it installed. This product was developed for people who take pleasure in driving aggressively. If you don't feel that the stock Benz is lacking in shifting performance then you'd be wasting your $$$.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C-Class
Originally Posted by hanjaya1
I got new E550 last night...but I think MB accidently put number 3 instead of 5...hope this kind of Quality stupidity is covered by warranty .

So, I am one of the Groupbuy customer. Received the goodie last week and finally, I was able to install the SB last night. No carpet cutting. Installation was quick and easy. Got the chance to clean my carpet too.

Right away I test drove this new toy in my E350...I've been driving this car for 6 months, 10K miles with no SB and I thought this car is fast already. I Started with the green option and... Oooooo Maaaaaaaaannnn....THIS Baby is ALIVE.... and with the red option...Oooh Yeaaaa .. “I believe I can fly”.. (And keep singin), super acceleration. I am driving a new beast.... And, it come with "Sound booster" too.... I can hear the engine reved and the car feels soo much lighter. I will keep in green for normal driving though!

I amaze on how this SB makes a big difference in acceleration. It somehow automatically find the right gear and optimum engine's rpm and power. The dead region (Grandma region) is completely gone. With no light ON, yes... the car feels very sluggish...

When start tapping the gas pedal lightly, you can be sure that the engine power is right there. It's like driving a manual transmission car. You will get that sudden power.. I really like it.

I live in Michigan... so people are driving their car at 75-80 mph. This morning driving in highway was awesome. Problem now is that I have to get used to read the speedometer more closely. I hit 90 mph very quickly coming out from the ramp. When passing the car at 75mph... a little tap will launch me quickly to 90.. and maan... hearing that engine power sound is very pleasing. Don't get me wrong...I can still drive this car very smoothly.

I HIGHLY recommend this sprint booster product. Very very satisfied.
hanjaya1, we are pleased that you are thrilled with your Sprint Booster experience. When we first started developing this product many years ago, we knew we were onto something. There is no better car to test on than Mercedes Benz, the difference is night and day. When you add Sprint Booster into the mix, you are able to cut straight to the chase and get the response you want.

Last edited by SprintBooster; 03-08-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C-Class
Originally Posted by MCF
MCF, in the event we do not respond on this specific forum fast enough you can direct your questions to us via a pm message or an email at info@sprintboosterusa.com . We are active on multiple forums, but in some cases it does take us a while to respond to most questions. For quick response, please email us or if you feel the need for an immediate response, Call our toll free number. 1-877-225-5577

We made a post specifically about safety. The are very complex redundancies built into our unit. TUV would not approve this device if they did not have confidence in our products operation. Of the few calls we get to customer service reported failures, The number one situation are customers who have difficult installing a unit. If a Sprint Booster is not connecting properly and not full contact is made with the pins, A low voltage code will be sent to the ecu.

Our electronics are made to a high standard and we offer a 2 year manufacturer warranty on the product, exceeding the one year norm of other manufacturers of electronic devices.

If you choose to purposely "fry" your unit, this will not be covered by warranty. What is likely to happen is that it will continue to work deactivated (off).
Old 03-08-2011, 12:13 PM

'11 E350 4MATIC
There is no better car to test on than Mercedes Benz, the difference is night and day. When you add Sprint Booster into the mix, you are able to cut straight to the chase and get the response you want.
Yeeah... my wife drove the car in the weekend and forgot to turn off the green mode. For the first time in my life time she could recognize much faster acceleration.. First, I explained that this was the result of breakin-in but after she found out the green light...okaaaay, I finally confess that I added a module to make the car like a German spec.. ...then told her about the groupbuy thing, etc...(she did not buy my logic reasoning though).

In conlusion:
1. The fact that she can tell the difference... it's a huge thing!
2. She is no longer saying that the acceleration is the same as our Honda Accord V6 ...even better...
3. I blamed BPhillyBenz to suggest the location of the switch and my wife could easily find it... ... :-)

Very great product !
Old 03-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C-Class
Originally Posted by ThrottleBoost.com
To the best of my knowledge, the only reason fuel economy would be effected is because of the altered driving style. There is no alteration to engine performance or fuel mapping, therefore no physical influence on fuel burn. Driving more aggressively because of the newly found zing, however, will tend to get you to the gas pump earlier I'd bet!
To draw further on what ThrottleBoost is saying. If we take a Automatic Sprint Booster application as an example. What many of our customer report is the same if not better fuel economy when the person drives in a normal fashion. Sprint Booster allows for very precise and predictable throttle response. What many people complain about with throttle response is that they must press, and press a little more, and then a little more to get the throttle level / response they need to perform day to day driving task. Owners of Sprint Booster often mention being able to find that "sweet spot of acceleration" that they previously had a hard time achieving. Now saying normal fashion is a bit nebulous, but if you can follow the logic you can see how its possible.

Ultimately, the largest variable of fuel economy is driver habits / temperament. But regardless of your temperament. Sprint Booster will allow you to better utilize your throttle, and allow you to better enjoy your driving experience.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:28 AM

To draw further on what ThrottleBoost is saying. If we take a Automatic Sprint Booster application as an example. What many of our customer report is the same if not better fuel economy when the person drives in a normal fashion. Sprint Booster allows for very precise and predictable throttle response. What many people complain about with throttle response is that they must press, and press a little more, and then a little more to get the throttle level / response they need to perform day to day driving task. Owners of Sprint Booster often mention being able to find that "sweet spot of acceleration" that they previously had a hard time achieving. Now saying normal fashion is a bit nebulous, but if you can follow the logic you can see how its possible.

Ultimately, the largest variable of fuel economy is driver habits / temperament. But regardless of your temperament. Sprint Booster will allow you to better utilize your throttle, and allow you to better enjoy your driving experience.
"sweet spot of acceleration" is a perfect analogy! Because of that, I drive a tad bit differently than without the SB . My acceleration has definitely increased, and if it's affected my MPG it's really inconsequential in the big picture. A few cents for happiness is a very good investment, in my book.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:22 PM

Black W212 E550
Can hardly wait for mine on the E550!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster