E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Bluetooth contacts sync help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 04:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 AMG
Bluetooth contacts sync help

I have 2 BMWs and whenever I start the BMWs they automatically connect to my iphone and download my address book/contacts into iDrive system. If I load a new number or change a number on my iphone, the next time that I start my car, they are accessible from the car's iDrive system. When my wife drives any of the BMWs, her contacts are downloaded and displayed. It seems like I cannot do the same thing with my MB E63. In order to get my address book or contacts on the Comand system, I have to download them to the car's Comand system. If anything changes, I have to delete all of the contacts downloaded from my mobile phone and then download them again. This doesn't seem right ...

I'm I doing something wrong or is the way that the MB Comand system handles contacts? Please advise.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by GeoE63
I have 2 BMWs and whenever I start the BMWs they automatically connect to my iphone and download my address book/contacts into iDrive system. If I load a new number or change a number on my iphone, the next time that I start my car, they are accessible from the car's iDrive system. When my wife drives any of the BMWs, her contacts are downloaded and displayed. It seems like I cannot do the same thing with my MB E63. In order to get my address book or contacts on the Comand system, I have to download them to the car's Comand system. If anything changes, I have to delete all of the contacts downloaded from my mobile phone and then download them again. This doesn't seem right ...

I'm I doing something wrong or is the way that the MB Comand system handles contacts? Please advise.
COMAND and iPhone don't play, period. You have to implement a "work-around". If you have a PCMCIA, the easiest way is to dump VCFs in the root folder of your media and stick it in the car, then import into address book.

If you don't have PCMCIA, you can try my write up... this worked in a 2011 W204

https://mbworld.org/forums/4571659-post7.html
Old 03-15-2011, 08:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 AMG
Thanks, but I think that you are making this much harder than it is. Just pair your iPhone with the car and then download your contacts via bluetooth.

My issue is that the contact on my iPhone and Merc don't sync as with my BMWs. If anything changes, I have to delete all the contact on the Merc and then download them again.

I sure that I will get basted by those on this forum, but the electronic gadgetry on BMWs seem to be better than those on Mercs...
Old 03-16-2011, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
Originally Posted by mwaldron
COMAND and iPhone don't play, period. You have to implement a "work-around". If you have a PCMCIA, the easiest way is to dump VCFs in the root folder of your media and stick it in the car, then import into address book.

If you don't have PCMCIA, you can try my write up... this worked in a 2011 W204

https://mbworld.org/forums/4571659-post7.html
Not sure why, but, I have an iPhone 3GS and have had no problems. In fact I find that the COMMAND system plays very well with iPhones and older iPods as well.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Originally Posted by GeoE63
Thanks, but I think that you are making this much harder than it is. Just pair your iPhone with the car and then download your contacts via bluetooth.

My issue is that the contact on my iPhone and Merc don't sync as with my BMWs. If anything changes, I have to delete all the contact on the Merc and then download them again.

I sure that I will get basted by those on this forum, but the electronic gadgetry on BMWs seem to be better than those on Mercs...
I have found the same thing...The Comand Center doesnt automatically update any changes in "your contacts". You have to do that manually. Hasn't bothered me, however if you use your phone via the car a lot for work I could see how it would be helpful.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350 Coupe Steel Gray
I can't get my contacts from my Android phone either.