While you lease.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 05:42 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Has anyone ever done the whole "give it back to the Dealer then buy it immediately from them", if they ever bought their car after the Lease, but didn't want to pay the residual (which is usually a rip-off)?
Old 03-28-2011, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by MatOhio
The dealer is NOT assuming any more risk with leasing vs. selling the vehicle to you. When they lease it, the leasing company is buying it from the dealer - if it is MB Financial, they assume the risk on the terms of the lease, not the dealer. In either scenario, the dealer sells the vehicle and is out of the deal. That is why you can turn the vehicle back in, at any dealer, at the end of the lease. The dealer you got it from generally prefers to get it back, so they can have first crack at opting to keep it (i.e. the really low mileage, primo condition vehicle with an attractive residual). If not the case, they just move it and get paid to do so by the leasing company (owner of the vehicle).
Absolutly correct. The dealer does receive a small commission for selling a lease deal but has really no control over the rates and lease provisions. They also get a small payment for handling the turn in of the vehicle at lease end. They have absolutly no liability for non payment or any default of the customer. Since 1998 I have leased 7 MB's thru my business. I have never been hit with any charges for any damage, etc. Even when I thought that I would have to pay something for a ding or small dent. As far as buying out the lease at iys end and reselling for a profit thats a laugh. The buy out pricing will not permit that.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:52 PM

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
2014 E550, 2015 E63S, 2017 G63 - RIP
I am on my 6th Mercedes, always dropped the car off at the end of the lease and got a new one immediately. Not once did I have an issue with MBZ Financial Services or had to pay $.01 extra. I do take reasonably good care of my cars and try to keep them clean (monthly car washes); from my perspective there is nothing to be concerned about.
Last 4 cars I got from and returned to Downtown LA motors...