ED for a 212 Bluetec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
ED for a 212 Bluetec

Did a search and can't find any specific place for ED discussion...sorry if I've missed it.Given that the rumors of a BMW F10 diesel appear to be false I'm seriously considering the above option now that I'm a diesel fanatic and want something more luxurious than my current "d" (which I love dearly).Never having done ED before I'm unfamiliar with the mechanics although I have read what the MB website has to say.My main questions...can one negotiate a "deal" on an ED with a dealer over and above the 7% discount....or is 7% all you can hope for? Also,wishing to plan my flight well in advance when does one get a firm pickup date and at what point will production of this year's 212 end? I assume it will be sometime in July or August but I obviously could be wrong.

I've driven the new Bluetec and was very impressed....it's an entirely different animal from my "d",which makes sense.Anyone have any general...or specific...thoughts about the E Class Bluetec....positive or negative? TIA!
Old 03-13-2011, 01:33 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
2022 SL63 AMG
Hello,
I am waiting for a E350 Bluetec purchased through ED pickup so I went through a similar process. To answer your questions:
1. Yes, you can go above the "standard" 7% - actually I learned this from other members of this forum and I was able to secure 10% discount (so an extra 3%) from a NW dealership.
2. Once you sign the contract you have to have a date in mind. You do have a flexibility of 2 weeks to move that date but you have to be in the range.

I do not know the answer to the W212 production end. As far as I understood there is no change in the model and the diesel engine for 2012 model - the dealer needs to be on top of this.

I am a novice as well on how the Bluetec drives - my initial impression was the same as yours. I was impressed by the "kick".

Good luck!