E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Climate Control Details on Comand Center Screen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 07:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 Sport 4Matic - P2 & Drivers Assist / 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic - P2 / 2013 Porsche Cayenne S
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Applicable to MY10-11 207 & 212 no cost warranty update upon request.
I don't understand why people are having such a hard time getting this update on their headunits. Like Konigstiger stated this is a no cost warranty update upon request. I guess this is is where you can tell the real dealers from the stealers. Any MB dealer worth my time/business would do this install with no questions asked. Literally all it requires is someone plugging in a laptop under the dash and walking away for a few hours until the update is done. Heck, I'd do it for all of you guys if I had the equipment.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:50 AM

2024 GLE350
Is this new version works on E350 -2010?
Old 04-21-2011, 09:37 AM

2011 E350 Sport 4Matic - P2 & Drivers Assist / 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic - P2 / 2013 Porsche Cayenne S
Originally Posted by mjahani
Is this new version works on E350 -2010?
Yes
Old 04-21-2011, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Dealer or MB?

Originally Posted by LaicepsYdobon
I don't understand why people are having such a hard time getting this update on their headunits. Like Konigstiger stated this is a no cost warranty update upon request. I guess this is is where you can tell the real dealers from the stealers. Any MB dealer worth my time/business would do this install with no questions asked. Literally all it requires is someone plugging in a laptop under the dash and walking away for a few hours until the update is done. Heck, I'd do it for all of you guys if I had the equipment.
As one of those whose dealer says current has to have a problem, I wonder if MBUSA is to blame. Does the dealer have to submit a payment claim to MBUSA specifying what was wrong that required the update? Are some dealers just paying for it out of pocket?
Had a car one time and the warm up regulator never worked properly. Dealer agreed. However, Manufacturer refused to replace units unless dealer shipped defective part to them for testing. They would then test it and say it was OK and refuse payment.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by El Cid
As one of those whose dealer says current has to have a problem, I wonder if MBUSA is to blame. Does the dealer have to submit a payment claim to MBUSA specifying what was wrong that required the update? Are some dealers just paying for it out of pocket?
Had a car one time and the warm up regulator never worked properly. Dealer agreed. However, Manufacturer refused to replace units unless dealer shipped defective part to them for testing. They would then test it and say it was OK and refuse payment.
I believe dealers don't want to do it because its not cost effective for them. If they do it for free for the customer then they wasted some of their time on providing free services that they can not bill for instead of reparing someone's car who will have to pay. MB will not pay the dealer because it is not a mandatory update and its up to the dealers descretion to install. The dealers don't want to install it on cars that don't have problems because of the whole "if it ain't broken don't fix it" mentality that is why they are asking people to prove that this fix is needed by them. If this would be a mandatory update where without this software the car would not accelerate, break properly, catch fire, etc... MB would pay the dealerships the labor rate of installing this software update in the cars. Since MB is not paying their bill, because its not a mandatory update rather then a convenience update, they'd rather not do it or if the customer really wants it let them pay for it. I believe this all just boils down to money...
Old 04-21-2011, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Since I do not use Blue Tooth or any audio except standard radio, CD player and Music Register, not sure this update would benefit me much. The only item I really like is apparently the added capability of having headlights, round fog lights and round DRL's all on at the same time.
Is there any improvement to the navigation screens? Specifically, are the street names any larger (clearer)?
Thanks,
Old 04-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
MBUSA official policy: “DO NOT perform any SW updates unless recommended by a DTB or LI. Any unauthorized SW updates may cause
Telematics components to become inoperative and you will be debited for all unauthorized work performed." I reiterate when “suggesting” a Telematics update marry it with a known malfunction discussed here on the forum and claim it is intermittent i.e.: LI82.70-P-051455 – phone, called party has difficulty understanding driver. Majority of shop foreman will approve updates under warranty if it can "somehow" be justified on their end. Last, I would not produce a copy of this thread for obvious reasons.

Last edited by konigstiger; 04-22-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 891 Likes on 641 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by LaicepsYdobon

Update runs from a CD (or DVD).
Old 04-22-2011, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
I agree with you. My dealer / service faciltiy (EuroSport) in Devon is great, no hassle and has earned my business forever. Some guys don't get it...these guys do and will end up making more than there fair share of $$$ off me over the years. I had another "bad experience" at another dealer and would NEVER give them another dime. Customer Service and offereing good value is the key to a successful operation.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Arrie
Update runs from a CD (or DVD).
True but you still need a laptop connected to the car's ODB II port for system software updates. For maps you can just upgrade from a DVD without the need for a computer hooked up. At least that is what my SA told me.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by BPhillyBenz
I agree with you. My dealer / service faciltiy (EuroSport) in Devon is great, no hassle and has earned my business forever. Some guys don't get it...these guys do and will end up making more than there fair share of $$$ off me over the years. I had another "bad experience" at another dealer and would NEVER give them another dime. Customer Service and offereing good value is the key to a successful operation.
Amen to that. When my previous lease was up the E350 wasn't my first choice of car to get next. I went to my local Porsche dealer and started talking numbers with them. The amount of nickel and dimeing they started getting into put a bad taste in my mouth. I went back to my Benz dealer (from whom I got 5 or 6 cars from already) he offered to hook me up with one of his friends who worked at a Porsche dealership. I was really touched by this gesture and ended up with my current Benz for another round. As always I get a bunch of stuff with my cars and I get to choose what kind of loaner I'd like while my car is in for service. They never give me a hard time for anything when returning my cars and they treat me like a human being. It's nice to know that they have my back when I need them.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:09 PM

2007 S550
Failed at Fletcher jones

Tried again at Fletcher jones today. They handed me a diagnosis paper stating my car has the latest software version. They did seem to genuinely try.

If anyone with a 2010 manages to get the upgrade in the southern California area, please let me know.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:12 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Did you give them that DTB Code that Konigstiger posted?
Old 04-22-2011, 08:21 PM

2007 S550
Originally Posted by K-A
Did you give them that DTB Code that Konigstiger posted?
Yup. Didn't apply to my vin. They claim the star diagnosis computer says there are no upgrades, so they can't do anything.

It is Fletcher jones, this whole experience reminds me how horrible their service is.