E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

New Purchase: I'm Back!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 ML 350
New Purchase: I'm Back!!

After a year of driving a 328i, which I wasn't really into, I pulled the trigger and purchased an 11 E350. Iridium Silver-Black. Prem1 pkg. wood stearing wheel,folding seats, luxury package. Night and Day between a BMW and I actually feel like I'm driving a real car again. Absolutely Amazing!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E550 Sport Sedan Blk/Blk
Welcome Back.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:21 PM

2010 E350 Sport
Lets see some pics my friend.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
Originally Posted by bradeer
After a year of driving a 328i, which I wasn't really into, I pulled the trigger and purchased an 11 E350. Iridium Silver-Black. Prem1 pkg. wood stearing wheel,folding seats, luxury package. Night and Day between a BMW and I actually feel like I'm driving a real car again. Absolutely Amazing!!!
In response I'm gonna play both sides of the fence here.I currently own a 335d (diesel) which I truly love.However,I've come to the opinion that it's not nearly big enough...or luxurious enough...for me.As a result I've already driven...and am *seriously* considering...an E350 Bluetec.I was *very* impressed by the Bluetec but found that it's in very different league from the 3 Series and that,I suspect,would particularly apply to the 328i.The Bluetec would be more appropriately compared to a diesel 5 Series,IMO.

Having made that point,congratulations! Sounds like you've got a really nice ride there.If *I* take the plunge I'll go for Premium 2 and Driver's Assistance and,if possible,Cuprite Brown....but I'd be flexible on color for a car with "my" equipment.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:50 PM

2012 CLS550, sold 11 E350
Originally Posted by bradeer
Congrats. I also bought an irid silver, P1, blk int, rear lip, fold seat, last week. I have not had this much fun in a while. I had an Acura, and there is no comparison. Also tested out the Bmw 5 series before my purchase. I was not impressed with the styling and the cabin. MB E350 rocks!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:27 PM

2011 E350 Sport 4Matic - P2 & Drivers Assist / 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic - P2 / 2013 Porsche Cayenne S
Originally Posted by listerone
If *I* take the plunge I'll go for Premium 2 and Driver's Assistance and,if possible,Cuprite Brown....but I'd be flexible on color for a car with "my" equipment.
I wanted Steel Grey on Black with the P2 package and the Driver's Assistance package. There was only 1 available in the US and there was none coming into the country as far as my sales guy could check in the computer. Luckily he flatbedded it from DC to Jersey for me but I was getting nervous because that was the only combo I wanted with the specified packages. And I would definitely go for the Driver's Assistance package; every car I drive without it I miss it.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
Originally Posted by LaicepsYdobon
And I would definitely go for the Driver's Assistance package; every car I drive without it I miss it.
From what I can see (and I certainly may have misunderstood) the emergency braking feature,coupled with the radar sensors in the front,is worth the price of admission all by itself.And the blind spot feature is also appealing to me.In fact,I almost had a (minor) "blind spot" incident last night at about 15mph.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:32 PM

2011 E350 Sport 4Matic - P2 & Drivers Assist / 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic - P2 / 2013 Porsche Cayenne S
Originally Posted by listerone
From what I can see (and I certainly may have misunderstood) the emergency braking feature,coupled with the radar sensors in the front,is worth the price of admission all by itself.And the blind spot feature is also appealing to me.In fact,I almost had a (minor) "blind spot" incident last night at about 15mph.
The radar guided cruise control feature is just amazing. This is the first car I ever had it on and it was like Sci-Fi for me when used it the first time. The car slowed down when someone pulled in front of me on the highway and sped up again when changed lanes to over take. The Lane Keep Assist vibrates the steering wheel when you change lanes without signaling and will actually applys the breaks on the opposite side when you are drifting through a solid line to pull you back on the road. The Blind Spot Assist will beep and light up your side Morris when you are about to rub up against someone in your blind spot. If things keep going this way soon we will not even be driving. Both freaky and kind of cool at the same time. I love all the Drivers Assistant Technologies in the car but I love it even more that you can turn them off individually if you don't need some of them.

The Blind Spot Detection is a real life saver. Although a bit sensitive but it's very good. A few weeks ago I had a stiff neck from sleeping. I had a hard time turning to my left. On my way to work I though nobody was in the lane next to me after checking my mirror and started to signal. The Blind Spot detection alerted me and prevented me from having an ugly morning. At that point the cost just repaid itself to me.

My one and only complaint is that the Pre-Safe system is a little too sensitive. Twice it intervened on me during driving scarring the crap out of me. Both time some jackass cut in front of me and I had to break harder than usual. I would have totally been able to stop on my own but the car tried to outsmart me and took breaking duties over from me. The break pedal went limp, all the way to the floor, and all the breaks came on full grip. When the car slowed down enough I had controls of the breaks again. A bit unsettling but handy in case of a real emergency. Other then this little snafu I love this system.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:14 PM

C220, E350
the one thing i dont like about the radar cruise control is that after a complete stop you have to step on the gas a little to get it to work again
Old 03-18-2011, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by peeta123
the one thing i dont like about the radar cruise control is that after a complete stop you have to step on the gas a little to get it to work again
Yes; either that or pull on the cruise control stalk to re-engage the system. MB said they had to do this because of some German law. Its a little cumbersome but you get used to it.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:49 PM

06 ML 350
First Saturday with my new wheels, I love this thing!!!