E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Keyless-Go and trunk access

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 08:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 AMG
Keyless-Go and trunk access

I have Keyless-Go option and every once in a while I cannot open the trunk with the key nearby. I have to either press the button on the key or pull the trunk release on the driver's door. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 03-22-2011, 08:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 GL450
Originally Posted by GeoE63
I have Keyless-Go option and every once in a while I cannot open the trunk with the key nearby. I have to either press the button on the key or pull the trunk release on the driver's door. Has anyone else had this problem?
Just before I learned that I needed to replace my keyless-go battery (very, very easy btw), I found that if my body was between the key and the car, it didn't always work. E.g., key in right pocket, turned to open trunk with left hand.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'11 E350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by GeoE63
I have exactly the same issue. When it happened, I recorded with my Iphone and showed it to the dealer. I put my briefcase inside the trunk daily. So I open and close the trunk 4 times a day. It fails to open once a while, even if I bring the remote keye next to the trunk. As you said, I have to grap the door handle to unlock the door so I can open the trunk whem this glitch happen.

During my A service, dealer could not reproduce the issue and put the note on my record. This is the only unresolved issues I have. If you find the answer, please let me know.