E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Keyless Go is being fussy sometimes, anybody experience this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 W212 E550
Originally Posted by silviang
I have a few weeks of experience now and things seems to be working correctly now. I am not having any of the problems I reported earlier. It looks like in my case the ignition module was the problem.

Silvian
Thanks!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550.. Gone but never forgotton - E63 AMG..
Originally Posted by K-A
Sometimes when I turn the car off, the same way I always do (Park, E-Brake, turn the car off by pressing the button once), I'll get out, and notice my headlights and I/C Display haven't gone off yet, which means the car hasn't registered that it's "off". I'll have to go back, and unlock the car (sometimes it allows me to lock it when this happens, and sometimes it doesn't), then the I/C Display will read "Key Not Detected". I'll have to sit back down in the car, and hit the Start button 3 times (no starting up the motor though), to get the lights to shut off, and have it turn off properly.

Also, every now and then, when I go to unlock the car, it will say "Key Not Detected" on the I/C, and I'll have to unlock it manually, then everything works properly for a while. I'm also positive that this isn't battery related.
Ive noticed when the weather was very cold that upon walking up to my car with the fob in my pocket, I would have to pull the handle several times before the door opened. Quite annoying. Still happens every now and then. Also the Instrument cluster would light up when i stood near the car with the fob in my pocket. As i walked further away from the car, I had my friend watch the car and he advised me that the light would go off. Very strange behavior.