E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

memory seats suuuck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55, 2015 ML350
Originally Posted by danlnyc
I was wondering about that on my CL...preset radio stations can only be changed by pressing the #'s on the navi.

LOL!

I think Los Angeles is one of the highest Hispanic populated cities in the USA!

True that. I guess since all my previous cars were preset, I get lazy on my E55 and just keep clicking the up/down arrows until I hit a preset station. To be honest, some of the Mexican 'dance' songs are pretty catchy.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lexus gx470
Originally Posted by r00kie
I mean going through the preset stations (using the arrows on steering wheel) without having to press the #s on the navi.
The arrows are for the dash functions in mine. I wish i could navigate the presets. Can i change it somehow in the engineering menu?
Old 06-28-2011, 07:03 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
yeah, ALL Latino's are from Mexico...............lol
Old 06-28-2011, 09:26 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 Audi S8 Plus/ 2011 Mercedes e550 4Matic//Gone:1985 500SEL/2000 e320 4Matic/ 2001 e55 Kleeman
Originally Posted by chrisvr6
I can't believe its normal to have to hold the button until your setting is adjusted. Crazy. My lexus is one touch and its so nice.
I think that we need the midget and obese override feature so the majority of us can safely enjoy the one touch feature!! I'm with you on this on. This is PC taken way too far!!! Regards. Ned.

Last edited by ngerstman; 06-29-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:38 PM

2011 E550, 2018 Land Cruiser, 1966 Vette
Originally Posted by danlnyc
I am pretty **** about having both my drivers seat and my passenger seat adjusted the same,
LOL, same here. Drives me crazy to see the passenger in front of/behind mine when I'm looking over to the right.

I've got to figure out a way to make sure they line my tombstone up!
Old 01-29-2012, 01:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 GLK350 P1, Multi-media & AMG Pkg; 2010 E350 w/ prem 2; 2018 4Runner SR5 Prem. 4x4
One touch memory seats FTW!!!

I don't care for the HOLD down the button system.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 E550
The arrows are for the dash functions in mine. I wish i could navigate the presets. Can i change it somehow in the engineering menu?
Use the left/right arrow buttons on the steering wheel to put the "dash menu" on the Audio setting. This will display the radio station that's playing on the screen (vice, street, temp, etc.). Now you can scroll through your presets for the radio using the up/down arrows on the steering wheel.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
E550
My 2005 Toyota Avalon had one touch memory seats. I loved 'em. And I miss 'em in my 550.

HOWEVER, the Toyota dealer told me that a 24 pack of beer placed on the rear floor when the seat is forward would burn out the seat motor when the button is pushed to move the seat back.

Warranty does not cover misuse of beer . . . or failure of the seat mechanism to see beer and respond appropriately.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
i kind of remember my bmw had one touch when the car is not starting but has to press and hold if the car is running. i forgot which rental car i rented during a vacation and that one touch memory seat ain't no fun ! valet line was long and off i went once i was inside the car. pressed the memory button while i was driving off the hotel and probably the valet boy messed w/the buttons, the friggin' seat went all the way back . i almost couldn't reach the break and i ain't that short !
Old 01-29-2012, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i535
This isn't a big miss for MB. Lexus has lot more disadvantages against MB. Why they turn off all electronics after shutting off an engine? If I forget to close windows, I need starting an engine Why Lexus garage opener remains active all time? If somebody breaks a window or simply it was not closed (see a note above) he/she can open my garage. Why Lexus navigation can’t display Unicode? All cars can do that, so Japanese maker displaying only English is really odd. Why do I need to bring car to a dealer to reprogram open driver door behavior to open all doors or just a driver one? List of odd and inconvenient things in Lexus is so big, so I do not want to bring MB owners attention to it. Just be sure that MB cars are most perfect in the world. I just keep a hope that new GS which is launching this month will copy much from MB, so I am going to check tomorrow.
Regarding complain, it is great safety feature. BMW didn’t have it and it is frequent problem when knees of back passenger were broken due automatic seat movement. So MB simply doesn’t want to harm back passenger knees with seats. Thank you Mercedes for taking care about us.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i535
Originally Posted by tjkaz
Use the left/right arrow buttons on the steering wheel to put the "dash menu" on the Audio setting. This will display the radio station that's playing on the screen (vice, street, temp, etc.). Now you can scroll through your presets for the radio using the up/down arrows on the steering wheel.
Actually it is only one inconvenience (design miss) I see in MB, there is no punch through audio buttons beside of volume, I should be able to skip track or change station without bringing audio mode on one of screens. But it is good, MB has room for improvement, it can make worth of buying next MB.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:38 PM
MCF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Mine does remember lumbar and side bolster. You just have to press and hold the memory button because the bags lose their pressure over night.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
Originally Posted by MCF
Mine does remember lumbar and side bolster. You just have to press and hold the memory button because the bags lose their pressure over night.
i did but i'll give it one last try. if that doesn't cure the issue, don't you think it's time to call up the dealer ?
Old 01-29-2012, 10:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Lexus LS 400, 2008 BMW 528i, 2014 e250 BlueTec
I have no problems with MBZ memory seat. Mercedes has its own philosphy when it comes to safety.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
ok, i've tried it earlier tonight and like what mcf said, you have to press and hold the memory button to recall/retrieve the settings. however, it's still quite annoying. why would one need to recall the setting every single time you start the car? try imagine it's your seat, mirrors and steering wheel. wouldn't it be crazy? well, at least i know it's sort of working.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:30 PM

2012 ML350BTC
This is absolutely a safety feature. I certainly don't want my 5'4" wife getting pulled away from the steering wheel and pedals if she accidentaly pushes the wrong button. I'm happy to hold it down, knowing what could happen if MB didn't think this through.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:48 PM

lexus gx470
Originally Posted by Txhurdle
This is absolutely a safety feature. I certainly don't want my 5'4" wife getting pulled away from the steering wheel and pedals if she accidentaly pushes the wrong button. I'm happy to hold it down, knowing what could happen if MB didn't think this through.
i guess lexus thought it through better. it has to be in park to do any adjusting.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 908 Likes on 651 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
i guess lexus thought it through better. it has to be in park to do any adjusting.

Now, that is kind of silly too. I have two seat settings that I use. Sometimes on a long trip (can be 8 hours one way) I change my seat position just a little bit. It helps as sitting in exact same position for hours can be troublesome. It would be annoying to have to stop to change the seat position. I just hold the pre-programmed button for a couple of seconds and its done while driving.

I also used to have a Tahoe with one touch seat position feature and it happened a couple of times that I accidentally hit the wrong button while driving and it does not feel good when the seat nears to my wife's seat setting as she is lots shorter than I am. I ctually thought then why in the hell this is one-touch. It should be made to be held, just like we have it.

The one nice feature in Tahoe's system was that when you used the remote the seat and other settings took the position that were set for that remote, i.e. all was set before you even opened the door if you used the remote 10-15 feet away from the car.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:07 PM

lexus gx470
Originally Posted by Arrie
Now, that is kind of silly too. I have two seat settings that I use. Sometimes on a long trip (can be 8 hours one way) I change my seat position just a little bit. It helps as sitting in exact same position for hours can be troublesome. It would be annoying to have to stop to change the seat position. I just hold the pre-programmed button for a couple of seconds and its done while driving.

I also used to have a Tahoe with one touch seat position feature and it happened a couple of times that I accidentally hit the wrong button while driving and it does not feel good when the seat nears to my wife's seat setting as she is lots shorter than I am. I ctually thought then why in the hell this is one-touch. It should be made to be held, just like we have it.

The one nice feature in Tahoe's system was that when you used the remote the seat and other settings took the position that were set for that remote, i.e. all was set before you even opened the door if you used the remote 10-15 feet away from the car.
come on dude, one touch in park only. adjustments while driving are allowed. simple as that.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:35 PM
MCF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Holding it is dumb. Simple. One touch only when in park. Can make any adjustment you want when in drive by holding the button. My wife is 5'7" and I am 6'4" and it takes a good 10-15 seconds of me standing outside the car holding the memory button before everything adjusts (the headrest alone takes an extra 5 seconds). One thing nobody has pointed out is that when holding the button, the stupid seat will only make ONE adjustment at a time, i.e. it will slide back, THEN adjust the seat back, then adjust the angle of seat, THEN adjust headrest. Heaven forbid they made it so all the adjustment would occur simultaneously. It's a stupid system to say the least. And the fact that MB doesn't allow you to program the key fobs with memory settings is just so 1985.