White Sitting Right.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:24 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
To add to the Thread context. I'm not usually a fan of aftermarket wheels on cars that come with nice OEM options, as they sometimes date the look faster than the cars design itself will, but I think these are pretty nice wheels. I'm not a fan of rivets either, but they're subtle at least. I like the black aspects working with the cars tinted windows, and the picture qualities are great. The side profile picture is a stunning showing of the formidable look of this car.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Lexus GS300, 2007 Lexus GS350
Originally Posted by K-A
To add to the Thread context. I'm not usually a fan of aftermarket wheels on cars that come with nice OEM options, as they sometimes date the look faster than the cars design itself will, but I think these are pretty nice wheels. I'm not a fan of rivets either, but they're subtle at least. I like the black aspects working with the cars tinted windows, and the picture qualities are great. The side profile picture is a stunning showing of the formidable look of this car.
I think you got it backwards. Stock wheels date a car much more than custom wheels. Easy to see why. OEM are made for particular model year cars. Often, the very next year, the wheel design changes...making it obvious one is newer than the other. Aftermarket wheels are not related to a specific model year.

You have the right to like stock wheels but you're dead wrong with the reason stated. No biggie. Lot's of people say things.......you get used to it on the net.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:38 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by platinumsc
I think you got it backwards. Stock wheels date a car much more than custom wheels. Easy to see why. OEM are made for particular model year cars. Often, the very next year, the wheel design changes...making it obvious one is newer than the other. Aftermarket wheels are not related to a specific model year.

You have the right to like stock wheels but you're dead wrong with the reason stated. No biggie. Lot's of people say things.......you get used to it on the net.
I disagree. A good car design that has a good wheel design to fit with it will be more timeless and quality than an aftermarket wheel (that should go without saying).

Most aftermarket wheels are meant to be fashionable and overstated, unless you go with more performance oriented wheels (not the case with Benzes, usually), and will look very "year 2xxx" in due time.

I do get that, with car knowledge, you'll know which wheels come from what year of a particular car, but judging a design and its harmony with the car above it, I'll choose an OEM wheel design to fit with a design any day in terms of timelessness.

Last edited by K-A; 09-15-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:10 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Setting aside bantering about the Politics-of-how-to-respond-to-a-wheel-Thread, it seems like Porsche has adopted a similar color theme to the wheels in O/P's post here, with the black insides sharply contrasting the outsides finish. Looks good.

Last edited by K-A; 09-15-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:30 PM

Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts
23' EQS AMG
People who are sensitive to opinions need not post. Come on folks, what is this world coming to that we should be "nice" to everybody. How about everyone just chill out and not be so **** and taking it personal about what others are saying in a nice way. Disagreement does not mean rude! Are we that insecure about who we are and what we have that an opinion (given that it is not derogatory) "offends us." That just blows my mind.

Now back to the thread. KA, designs and styles will inevitably indicate its time and place. That is the main goal of art, architecture, and design. How long it is "in style" depends on the majority. Here's were majority rules. Whether people want to "retro" it or not also depends.

In general, I have an ahole, so I am entitle to an polite and political opinion. If you do not like it, then shut the hell up until you have enough self esteem to weather disapproval and disagreements.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:57 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Well said.

There's a respectable way to criticize, and a disrespectful, "trolling" type of way.