E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Transmission Won't Go IN Gear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 08:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63, CLK550, SL500 Silver Arrow,Corvette LT1,ZR1
Transmission Won't Go IN Gear

I have a 2010 E350 4Maticwith 16K miles. Last night after stopping for an errand it would not go into gear. I shut the car off and re started it 6 or 7 times over the course of 45 minutes and finally it went into gear and seems fine now. What was really strange is the car wouldn't go into drive or reverse and it would read the appropriate gear on the dash, but just rev the engine when you tried to move. What was even stranger is when in reverse the camera didn't come on like it always does.
Anybody ever have this happen or have any ideas?
Old 09-10-2011, 09:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes e350 BlueTec
Originally Posted by Barry O
I have a 2010 E350 4Maticwith 16K miles. Last night after stopping for an errand it would not go into gear. I shut the car off and re started it 6 or 7 times over the course of 45 minutes and finally it went into gear and seems fine now. What was really strange is the car wouldn't go into drive or reverse and it would read the appropriate gear on the dash, but just rev the engine when you tried to move. What was even stranger is when in reverse the camera didn't come on like it always does.
Anybody ever have this happen or have any ideas?
Your car has an electronic shift...it's not really connected to the transmission. Most likely an electrical connection has become loose and it should be an easy fix by a dealer who knows where to look.
Old 08-19-2023, 12:27 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
e class
i know this was years ago but did you get to the bottom of the issue?